2009 DTM Season

I'm not really sure what happened in the last 6 laps, but I think Matthias Ekstrom was overtaking Premat and Jarvis a bit to easily. Team tactics are my major issue with WTCC, I think they spoil the fun, and I am happy they are prohibited in DTM.

Also Legge had a bad race, and messed up Scheider's and Ekstrom's qualifying.

Not quite the Zandvoort I had hoped for.

The race was great though, and Premat and Jarvis were excellent, even though they drive 2008-spec cars.

• Wido Rossen

A few hours after the fourth DTM season round at Zandvoort in The Netherlands, four Audi drivers were excluded by the stewards of the meeting.

The following infringements led to the exclusions: Markus Winkelhock’s car had less than one kilogram fuel in the tank after crossing the finish line. Christian Bakkerud failed to show up for the mandatory weighing after the race. Alexandre Prémat and Timo Scheider showed up for weighing significantly too late.

The new order is: 1. Gary Paffett (Mercedes-Benz), 2. Mattias Ekström (Audi), 3. Oliver Jarvis (Audi), 4. Martin Tomczyk (Audi), 5. Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz), 6. Paul Di Resta (Mercedes-Benz), 7. Maro Engel (Mercedes-Benz), 8. Tom Kristensen (Audi), 9. Jamie Green (Mercedes-Benz), 10. Ralf Schumacher (Mercedes-Benz), 11. Susie Stoddart (Mercedes-Benz), 12. Mike Rockenfeller (Audi).

In the points’ standings, Paffett is leading with 24 points from Ekström (22 points), Spengler (20 points) and Scheider (17 points).

Because of further investigations by the stewards, the result remains provisional. A decision is expected within a few days, because technical data of the cars have to be analysed in detail.

( source www.DTM.de )

• Wido Rossen

DTM 2009 - Round 5: Oschersleben

DTM round 5 on the 2th of August

oschersleben.jpg

Track Facts:
Track Length: 3,696 km
Number of laps : 47

Track Record:
Timo Scheider (Audi)
1.23,236 Min. (2008)

I think that they will continue to develop their BMW M3GTR ALMS and WTCC cars... But not with DTM...

They could even start their Le Mans campaign back!!!

So I guess BMW is in a very very good shape for future motorsport event... As Matthew said, they have awful lot of money!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%