2009 British Touring Car Championship

Could be, that was my first guess as well - Jackson. I guess the only reason why WSR or Motorbase would sell theirs would be if they were getting new (factory backed cars for next year) so I guess that's unlikely.

If not then there's enough of those things around Europe.

• Andrew Evans

In a move that has shocked the British Touring Car fraternity, newly crowned 2009 champion, Colin Turkington, called a press conference this morning to announce he would using his new-found status to promote his own range of confectionery. Tentatively titled Turkingtons Delights, the BTCC star said, 'Yes, I'm intending to launch a chocolate based snack infused with eastern promise. I honestly believe my hapless fans will lap it up and quite probably get it all over their silly little faces. Either way, I'm sure this venture will add further value to the already hugely strong British Touring Car brand.'. Series promoter Alan Gow declined to comment personally but issued a statement via....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/794568

Donington owner Tom Wheatcroft Dies

Donington Park owner Tom Wheatcroft has died at the age of 87.

The British businessman passed away yesterday morning after a long illness.

Wheatcroft had bought and reopened pre-war grand prix venue Donington in the 1970s, and achieved a lifeline dream when he brought Formula 1 to the track for a one-off European Grand Prix in 1993.

Oh no... :weep:

A truly great man who saved one of Britain's best racetracks. A pity he didn't get to see it hold another GP, instead watching it crumble amidst absent funding.

RIP Wheatcroft. :crying:

Sad news to hear... but the new buyers of Donington (who ever that may be) and there will be one
will and should get the best track in Britain back on top !!

RIP Tom Wheatcroft :rose-dead:

Vauxhall 20 years in the BTCC video

Finally someone has made the kind of tribute video that ITV should have made for the final round of the 2009 season.

First time i've ever had a lump in my throat watching a touring car race, bit silly really lol.

• Wido Rossen

British Touring Car Championship 2010

Andrew Jordan is going to take part in the British Touring Car Championship 2010 with a turbo charged Vauxhall Vectra. The team is going to be the first to use the new NGTC specification turbo charged engine.
"I’m really looking forward to the challenge of next season. It’s good for me to be continuing with the Vectra," said Jordan.

Jordan is going to drive for his own family run team, under the name of Pirtek Racing.

PirtekJordan.jpg

"It is a good feeling to be back involved with a car and our own team in the BTCC with Pirtek’s support. The package of the Vectra and the TOCA engine should be very strong and I’m sure Andrew can use his knowledge of the car to great advantage," said Mike Jordan.

While the NGTC rules are set to debut in 2011, the BTCC organizers TOCA have decided to allow a number of teams to use the new NGTC engine one year earlier.

"While some teams will undertake their own engine development programmes, this is the unbranded TOCA engine that is available for lease or purchase and, as we have already announced as part of the BTCC’s future, will significantly reduce their running budgets," said series organizer Alan Gow.

The car is going to be showed at the Autosport International Show in January.

Source: Touringcartimes

Interesting...but the title of this thread is a bit misleading,it gave me ridiculous mental images of Katie Price (a.k.a. Jordan) trying to manoeuvre her big huge comedy chest glands behind the wheel of racing car.......:milf::doh:

Collins, Bridgman test for Motorbase

Sportscar racer Ben Collins(AKA the stig) and Porsche Carrera Cup GB champion Tim Bridgman both tested for British Touring Car Championship squad Motorbase Performance at Brands Hatch on Tuesday.
Both drivers tested the team's BMW 320si during the day in freezing temperatures, with the pair impressing team principal David Bartrum.
"I wish it hadn't been so cold on the track, because neither of them really got a fair crack of the whip," Bartrum said. "But they were both very professional in the way they went about things, as you would expect, and it's been a good day."
Motorbase, which ran Rob Collard and Jonathan Adam this year, has yet to announce its 2010 driver line-up. Andrew Jordan, Steven Kane and Alex MacDowall have already tested for the team since the end of the season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80394

Motorbase loses Airwaves sponsorship

British Touring Car Championship squad Motorbase Performance has lost its title sponsorship deal with Airwaves.
The Kent-based team, which ran under the Airwaves BMW banner this season, finished fourth in the teams' championship with Rob Collard taking two wins along the way.
Team principal David Bartrum said: "The association with Airwaves has been a huge success for both sides of the arrangement.
"Airwaves was a brilliant partner for our second season in the BTCC and their support helped lift the awareness of the team to a new level.
"We are also very proud of the job we did for them and I would like to thank everyone involved at Airwaves for being such a first class partner."
Motorbase will again enter the BTCC next season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80385

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years