2008 A1GP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update for you all. The A1 cars are not even at the track yet. Seems that might have not even landed yet. All the events for today have been cancelled. So its going to be one hell of a upcoming weekend for the crews. Thats if it does take place in the end as time is of the essence.

Trucks have just started arriving with the cars and equipment.
Thats the good news though. Supposedly they still need to paint all the kerbs today and tonight. Yeah, sure that will be dry for praccy tommorrow. And thats a whopping 8000kg of paint. Then the gravel beds must still all be done.
Its one big stuff up at the moment and unfortunately not a good thing for South Africa.

I will refer from comment on the "South African" driver, cause i have nothing good to say about that.

• Wido Rossen

Sprintrace belongs to Bleekemolen.

Jeroen Bleekemolen scored a dominant victory for the Netherlands in the A1GP sprint race at Kyalami on Sunday morning.

The Dutch driver blasted into a lead of more than four seconds in the first few laps before pitting as soon as the window opened at the end of lap four, and he then kept his head as Portugal's Filipe Albuquerque made some inroads into his lead in the closing stages.

Albuquerque climbed ahead of Switzerland's Neel Jani in the pits, as the reigning champion struggled to get his car away from his stop.

That left Bleekemolen with a lead of more than six seconds, and while Albuquerque managed to get a couple of those seconds back, he was unable to get close enough to challenge the leader.

Jani, who had passed the Portuguese car at the start, held on to third, while Ireland's Adam Carroll snatched fourth from Monaco's Clivio Piccione on the final lap.

Behind them, Narain Karthikeyan settled for sixth with India, after initially climbing as high as fourth at the start. However, he was unable to fend off the challenge of Piccione and Carroll before the pitstops.

Home driver Adrian Zaugg scored points for South Africa with seventh place, while Earl Bamber (New Zealand) climbed from 11th to eighth during the stops to take the final point.

Pos Driver Team Time
1. Jeroen Bleekemolen Netherlands 21:35.105
2. Filipe Albuquerque Portugal + 4.407
3. Neel Jani Switzerland + 10.600
4. Adam Carroll Ireland + 12.925
5. Clivio Piccione Monaco + 14.363
6. Narain Karthikeyan India + 18.474
7. Adrian Zaugg South Africa + 21.178
8. Earl Bamber New Zealand + 26.539
9. Fairuz Fauzy Malaysia + 26.925
10. Nicolas Prost France + 28.101
11. Edoardo Piscopo Italy + 32.081
12. John Martin Australia + 34.474
13. Ho-Pin Tung China + 37.804
14. Michael Ammermuller Germany + 39.068
15. Felipe Guimaraes Brazil + 39.717
16. Salvador Duran Mexico + 45.006
17. Marco Andretti USA + 55.636
18. Zahir Ali Indonesia +1:17.724

Good day for Holland! Jeroen was fantastic. I was scared to death that his fuel problem would cause a DNF but i think our fantastic commentator on TV made it worse then it actually was :D

• Wido Rossen

Yep , Mister Kallf knows his stuf.......lol.

But what about that Farus Fauzy....terrible.
He hit ireland in the first lap and new zealand later on and spun several times.
Then went into the pits for several laps and back on track ........

But great driving from Jeroen ans well deserved points.

I must say that Team SA does not have the best luck at their home track. Even though it was not zaugg's fault the car broke. Might still be time to get a new driver :)

• Wido Rossen

A1GP 2009 - Round 6 : Portugal, Autodromo Internacional do Algarve

A1GP-video-streaming.jpg

click one of the buttons for live streaming
Saturday 11 April: Qualification | 13:00 - 15:00 GMT
Sunday 12 April: Sprint + Feature Race | 12:45 - 15:45 GMT

A1GP Simulator

Interesting article (test) of the A1GP simulator. I am getting very curious about this piece of software to be honest.

Who build it for instance?

If you had the chance to drive and experience an A1GP Powered by Ferrari car, you’d jump at the chance, right?
Well, so would I.
There might even be a few vital organs in my body that I’d happily relinquish if, through some bizarre sequence of events, this actually led me to getting behind the wheel of one of the 600bhp nation-versus-nation racers for half a day’s running.
Fortunately (for one of my kidneys anyway) I don’t have the experience to safely turn a wheel in anger in one of A1GP’s Ferrari-powered babies. The merest suggestion of me fitting my 5 foot 11 inch, slightly lumpy frame into a racing seat would have many A1GP technicians reaching for tissues just to wipe away the tears of laughter.
The closest I get to experiencing an actual race car is constantly speaking to all the drivers about their feelings throughout every race weekend. You see, I have been editor of A1GP.com for two years now, and have written more than 1500 stories through interviews with drivers about their races. I cockily feel with my knowledge assimilation that I could be part of a championship-winning team if I was only given the chance, but it’s just five-time Grand Prix winner John Watson is allowed from A1GP’s media and TV staff to actually get in a real car.
But thankfully there was another answer – A1GP’s simulator in Italy. Given the ultimately static nature of a simulator compared with a racing car, I knew couldn’t do any damage to myself there.
But I was wrong.

Read the full article at A1GP.com

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 335
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 331
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 326
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 629
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Simdeck

what suprises me though with the A1GP simulator is that they are using small size displays and the image is not seamless. I would have thought it would have been more life like and life size.

In our race car sims wwww.simdeck.com we use the ICE Digital Daytime screens to deliver life size and life like images. Here is a link that describes and compares them to using a matt white screen. http://www.box.net/shared/xzes64mib9
However the full immersion experience can only be delivered on cylindrical seamless images like described here.
http://www.box.net/shared/lilzfp9rg8

Also RFactor Pro allows for example to have the rearvision mirrors to be display on their own displays in digital displays, a nice touch though the mirrors are not used that much in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back