rF2 2.5h WEC @ Silverstone - Sat 17th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Calum McLure could you please confirm whether or not you shall be present for the race? :thumbsup:
I don't know, if he is available at the moment, but in our team chat he stated, that he is on vacation on that weekend. His last answer on Sunday was:

"Forgot the WEC Silverstone race is on that weekend as well which I won't be able to make, could anyone else team up with Matt for it?"

So I guess you can sign him out, because we have guys on the reserve list.

I don't know, if he is available at the moment, but in our team chat he stated, that he is on vacation on that weekend. His last answer on Sunday was:

"Forgot the WEC Silverstone race is on that weekend as well which I won't be able to make, could anyone else team up with Matt for it?"

So I guess you can sign him out, because we have guys on the reserve list.

OK, cool. Thanks for the heads up Freddy! :thumbsup: Hopefully they will be able to make it for the Le Mans event. :D

@Lorin Miller following the withdrawal of a team from the LMP1 class, you have been moved up to the main sign-up list, thus enabling you to participate in the event on Saturday. :thumbsup: Will you be available on either Wednesday or Friday for pre-race testing? This is not mandatory; however, we would still like to get as many people as possible involved.

Hey guys, I have the BES 1.0 and the R18 mod+ 1.14 Silverstone, but everytime when I want to join the server it says "Mod download failed". Can anyone help me?

vmod update 1.4
Changelog:

Increased RPM limiter range for Aston Martin and Ferrari (7000-8700 instead of 8500-9000)

Installation:

1. Uninstall the old vmod (v1.3) first or you will get an error
  2. join the server and download the new version automatically
If you still have problems uninstall all BES related vmods and reinstall the BES mod.

If this still doesn't fix it make sure that there are no remains of the BES mod after you have uninstalled it (check rFactor2/installed/vehicles/ dir, either in "Program Files(x86)" or your Documents dir).

This issue is related to a bug in the rF2 mod manager.

Tip for Vantage and F458 drivers
The Vantage GTE and F458 GTE are supposed to be shifted at around 7300 RPM. If you shift later the engine might blow up during the race (note that engine wear is only active during a race session so you will not notice any problems during practise)

Engine lifetime* Vantage/458:
  • 7100rpm: 4h
  • 7200rpm: 3h
  • 7300rpm: 2.4h
  • 7400rpm: 1.8h
  • 7600rpm: 1h
Engine lifetime* 997:
  • 9400rpm: 2.4h
*if constantly running at X rpm; actual lifetime also depends on other variables

Note: The increased fuel consumption of the 997 will be evened out by slower lap times of the Vantage/458 when running at lower RPMs (around 1-2s slower).
This makes it a bit of a gamble for drivers: How far can the rpm be increased to gain an advantage without blowing up? :)

If you want to give your setup a test you can join the practise events:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 187 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years