Resource icon

TV Inspired OSD 9.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
- Added option to use your favourite OSD without displaying revs, lap & position numbers (compressed versions only).
- I finally went to the trouble of overlaying a hi res screen capture of a Sky F1 broadcast to match up the contour and perfecting sky sports version 2. Won't be spending anymore time on this.

Example:
black.jpg
- Refined design of Sky Sports version 2. Curve matches TV, also the far left contour is darker over the position number graphic as on TV.

- Simple minimap now shows start/finish flag.

Examples:
black.jpg

coloured.jpg

Until F1 2014, happy trails and enjoy!
I refined my first sky sports display to make it as close to real life as possible.
This is now version 2 in the zip file. That is it from me until 2014 comes out. Enjoy!

Examples:
black
black.jpg

coloured
coloured.jpg
Perfected Sky Sports display. I also included a full colour version of the clear display.

Examples:
sky sports black
black.jpg

sky sports coloured
coloured.jpg

clear standard coloured full
standard coloured full.jpg

clear swipe coloured full
swipe coloured full.jpg

Enjoy!
New Sky Sports styled display as a bonus, final update.

Examples:
black
black.jpg

coloured
coloured.jpg

I did not make a swipe version because the swipe ruins the shade contour.
Enjoy!
Now that the display is HD, I removed the SD version and added the option to use a compressed DXT5 version of the HD display, for users with weaker specs. :thumbsup:
Goodbye SD version. Enjoy!
Reworked all OSD display textures in double resolution. Final update until 2014 comes out, unless a request comes in. I supplied the SD version too.

HD Examples:
standard black
standard black.jpg

standard coloured
standard coloured.jpg

swipe black
swipe black.jpg

swipe coloured
swipe coloured.jpg

Please note: I highly recommend you use Winner's 'Slim' font (used in examples above) from his Game fonts play mod found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/game-fonts-play.87729/
This font is very similar to the one Sky Sports F1 uses. Thanks Winner!

Enjoy it!
Reactions: enci76
This is an important amendment! I removed the unnecessary mask in the b_osd and d_osd (I made this for version 1) that made the lap display image glitchy. Perfect display now.

Enjoy, let me know in the discussion what OSD you are using! Also open to suggestions!
Reworked swipe display using the game's original coloured positions tab to achieve a gap-free swipe.

Examples:
swipe black
swipe black.jpg

swipe coloured
swipe coloured.jpg

Please note that I removed all prior versions from the zip file, keeping only the standard displays from version 6. If you would like to use a prior version please send me a PM and I will help you out.
Enjoy!
I've made a big discovery which is now Version 6. I found a way to make the display dark black which now matches the end session display's darkness. It's also very similar to the Sky Sports layout's darkness. :D
I've included prior versions in the zip file if you do not wish to use.

Examples:
standard black
standard black.jpg

standard coloured
standard coloured.jpg

swipe black
swipe black.jpg

swipe coloured
swipe coloured.jpg

Please leave feedback or suggestions. Enjoy!
Reactions: Salut Gilles
Now bringing you additional options to use a coloured and improved swipe display. Also added a slant on the black display.

Examples:
standard black
standard black.jpg

standard coloured
standard coloured.jpg

swipe black
swipe black.jpg

swipe coloured
swipe coloured.jpg

Version 4 is included in the zip file if you do not wish to use one of these. Enjoy!
screenshot.jpg

I have supplied a no flags version removing all flags except checkered flag.
I also reworked the slant edges using the game's flag design as a template (identical to Sky Sports F1), looks great now! I also edited the length of the display to make it small as possible.

Very happy with this version, my final update unless a request comes along. Thanks to all for your kind words of encouragement, enjoy!
screenshot.jpg

Refined slant edges and length of display to best match Sky Sports F1.

Also included is a simplified minimap removing the DRS and checkered flag symbols.

Enjoy!
A massive update here. The black backgrounds no longer slide when showing sector times! A HUGE THANKYOU to modder Salut Gilles for discovering the correct coding, I had almost given up! Please thank him if you enjoy this update!
I also made a few minor adjustments:
*Perfect alignment of colour pills to match black background.
*I adjusted the display sizes to match rendering of the times.
*Improved plus/minus on the KERS display.

ENJOY!
Forgot to edit the DRS border from glowing; Fixed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%