Resource icon

True to Life AI 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Forgot to add the reverted ai_vehicle_config.xml files to the 100% version files.
My bad :thumbsdown:

This is just to fix the AI's racing line at Sepang, no other modifications.
Small update to fix the issue of the AI going wide in turn 14 and slow through turn 1 at Sepang in the wet.

Cheers
Reactions: Chris Butterfield
True to Life AI 1.6 release notes:
Updated installation instructions GIF on the overview page so it’s neat and pretty now

Race Scaling:
- Created 50% and 100% race distance versions of the mod, resulting in more realistic mistake, DNF, and wear rates for both race distances

AI:
- [Attempted to make retired AI cars stay out longer on the track, but it appears this is handled within the EXE now, as all previously known methods for adjusting this feature no longer work]

Cars:
- Lowered Player grip levels at Melbourne by 1% more Front and 1.5% more Rear

Database:
- Increased Vettel’s performance, again
- Adjusted driver & team performance so the gap between cars over the course of a race is not so dramatic, and less AI get lapped.

Tracks:
Adjusted cornering speed and/or braking points at the following locations:
- Sepang turn 14

Raceload.jpk:
- Created a 50% raceload.jpk file for the 50% version of this mod
- Adjusted the 100% raceload.jpk file to incorporate the effects from the high-blowout-chance test file, but more balanced out so there aren’t punctures before a scheduled pitstop.
states.bin file updated to reflect patch 6

"raceload.jpk" file in the main True to Life AI folder reverted to v1.4 release due to potential issues with 100% distance races.

Higher tyre blowout chance "raceload.jpk" file included as an additional mod...in 50% races if you say out roughly 4+ laps after your scheduled pitstop you really risk a blowout. I would love some feedback if anyone could do some 100% distance races with this higher blowout chance raceload.jpk file.
True to Life AI 1.5 release notes:
As always, please read the overview page, especially the disclaimers section.

AI:
- Increased the terminal damage threshold in an effort to prevent the AI from retiring due to blown tyres
- Slight increase in mechanical failure rate (I was having too many races where 22 cars finished which, if we’re honest, is a bit of a rarity)
- Corrected blue flag behavior
- Further reduction to AI speed when damaged (other AI cars were having difficulty passing damaged cars)

Cars:
- Lowered Player grip levels at Silverstone by 2% front & rear

Database:

- Adjusted tyre wear at Texas to closer reflect the wear rates we saw in real life

Tracks:
Adjusted braking points and/or cornering speed at the following locations
- Monza turn 4 (did the best I could with it, the AI takes an odd line through this corner)
- Singapore turns [race start], 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 (Had my corner numbers wrong up on this track, sorry about that…races here will be much more competitive now)

Raceload.jpk:
- ***Test file*** Drastically reduced the distance you can travel before a blowout occurs. Have not had any issues in 50% races, but I have not tested this in 100% race distance
True to Life AI 1.4 release notes:
As always, please read the overview page...and keep the feedback coming. Much appreciated!

AI:
- Gave the AI more time to process overtaking resulting in less stupidity overall. Tough to explain, you’ll notice it though. This helped with the turn 15 issue at Monaco, but that problem is still not completely solved
- Reset mistake and failure rates back to default

Cars:
- Lowered Player grip levels by 3% front and 2% rear at Melbourne
- Lowered Player grip levels by 4% front and 3% rear at Monza
- Raised Player McLaren mass from 650kg to 664kg

Database:
- Reverted mechanical failure, mistake, and mind game effectiveness parameters to default in the ai_driver table to improve AI consistency
- Slight adjustments to aggression, control, mechanical failure, mind game effectiveness, and mistake global modifiers for Expert difficulty to give more consistency to that difficulty level
- Slight increase to fuel usage per lap for Hungary

Tracks:
Adjusted braking points and/or cornering speed at the following locations
- Melbourne turns 1, 4, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14
- China turns [race start], 1, 2, 6, 11, 12, 13
- Monaco turns 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15 (reset to default - no changes needed), 18
- Hungary turns 4, 5
- Monza turns4, 8, 11
- Singapore turns 1, 5, 8, 9, 11, 16, 18

Raceload.jpk:
[No changes]

Surface Materials:
- Re-adjusted grip levels for all non-tarmac surfaces with much more subtle differences (reset to default, or 1-2% changes, rather than 5% overall)
Reactions: spagna
True to Life AI 1.3 release notes:
Hosting the files at my Google drive now to hopefully reduce the download issues some people were having
As always, your feedback and support is much appreciated, but please remember to give as much information as possible when giving feedback.

AI:
- Slight reduction in the tendency to block so that there are fewer scenarios where the AI slows down unnecessarily (something I can’t seem to fix…I’ve emailed CodeMasters begging them to get the competition against the AI better)
- Slight reduction to mistake rates (seems to be more sensitive this year)

Cars:
- Lowered Player grip levels at Abu Dhabi 1% more than v1.2 (see overview page for exact details)

Database:
- Revised the tyre wear model…once again lol (I’m getting better at it at least). This is a mix between the v1.1 high-wear database and the v1.2 low-wear database. I’ve increased tyre wear by roughly 25% over the 1.2 database which I feel gives a good balance between the extreme tyre wear in the default database some of you like, while still being manageable. If you’ve had issues keeping up with the AI because your tyre wear is too high (seemingly for no reason), but you still want the sensation of realistic 2013 tyre wear, this is the database for you
- Slight adjustments to individual driver performance

Tracks:
- Fixed cornering and braking issues for the classic series (wound up just needing to use my 2013 ai_vehicle_track.xml files for the other era’s…yay easy fix!)
- Adjusted cornering speed and/or breaking points at the following locations:
- Melbourne turns 11, 15
- Sepang turn 14
- Catalunya turns 4, 5
- Monaco turns 10, 15, 18 (Please let me know if you find the AI is still crashing at turn 15, this has been a problematic corner)
- Abu Dhabi turns 2, 3, 5, 6, 18

Raceload.jpk:
- Increased gearbox wear
- Increased damage rate from over-revving

Surface Materials:
- Lowered grip by 5% for all non-tarmac surfaces – watch those kerbs!
Reactions: ALKMNDZA
Please remember the posting rules found on the overview page when you are contributing to the discussion with feedback, criticism, and suggestions. This helps me help you.

True to Life AI 1.2 release notes:

AI:
- Lowered mistake & failure rates do reduce the number of DNF’s
- Made some adjustments to AI overtaking behavior to reduce the frequency of rear-ending. This AI work is still a work in progress, so please provide feedback…but be as specific as possible – AI modding is difficult and tedious. So the more info you give me, the more it helps!

Cars:
- Reverted back to default Player CTF files to fix the issue of the car bottoming out, but with the following adjustments:
o inertia_x values (aka the car’s resistance to forward motion) lowered for Ferrari, and increased for: Marussia, Caterham, Torro Rosso, Sauber, Williams
o Lowered Player grip levels by 3.5% at Canada
o Lowered Player front grip levels by 2% at Abu Dhabi

Database:
- Completely revamped the tyre wear model again. Tyre wear will still the deciding factor in your race performance, but it is far more manageable now. This database wound up fixing the out of sight bug as well
- Included the database from version 1.1 with more extreme tyre wear for you hardcore people who didn't have issues. This database includes the below updates as well
- Various adjustments to individual driver performance
- Various small adjustments to team tyre wear rates
- Small adjustments to pitstop times for all teams to add in a little more variation
- Reverted fuel consumption rates to default in order to keep the competition as close as possible between Player and AI

Tracks:
Adjusted braking points and/or cornering speed at the following locations:
o China turns [race start], 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
o Monaco turns 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 15/16, 18
o Montreal turns [race start], 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 13, 14 (did the best I could)
o Abu Dhabi turns 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19
o I could use input on Texas and Brazil if you can find the time

Thanks for the continued support and feedback
Please remember the posting rules found on the overview page when you are contributing to the discussion with feedback, criticism, and suggestions. This helps me help you.

True to Life AI 1.1 release notes:
AI:

- Further improvements to the out of sight bug
- Adjusted AI retirement threshold as I found AI cars in practice driving around with blown tyres and not returning to the pits

Cars:
- Gave the Player the exact same CTF files the AI is using. After comparing CTF files for Player and AI I found a number of small advantages the AI had over the Player.

Database:
- Various re-adjustments to individual driver performance to tighten up the field a little
- Corrected AI qualifying times during time acceleration at the following tracks:
o China
o I could still use feedback on this in the discussion. Please remember the posting rules found on the overview page when providing information and feedback
- Adjusted tyre wear at the following tracks:
o Texas
o Brazil
- Increased tyre longevity for Intermediate and Wet compounds

Tracks:
Adjusted braking points and/or cornering speed at the following locations:
o China turns 1, 2, 6, 11, 12, 13, 16
o Monaco turn 6

System:
- Removed debugging options

Further notes:
I am aware a number of people (myself included) struggle with the tyre wear across most tracks. I am also aware that the AI does not appear to be affected by tyre wear (there are conflicting rumors on this, but it certainly seems the AI are at least "a little too good" on their tyres, especially under acceleration). I am working to correct these issues in order to have competitive races, rather than (at least in my races) having the feeling of going backward throughout the race.
Again, any feedback on this is greatly appreciated, but please remember the posting rules on the overview page when posting in the discussion. This helps me help you

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.8%