Resource icon

Nordschleife 0.97n

Login or Register an account to download this content
Plecair, together with help from other, converted Nordschleife to rFactor 2. Original track by com8.

Plecair:
First, let me thank the following persons: SPASKIS, Mario Morais, Tosch, Mianiak, Hoover, eth0ne, Richard, Senna12 and likely to be forgetting some.

There will be likely many updates to it as well, as I learn more and more, I will be improving the textures and objects over time.

My goal is to have this track shine. Nordschleife is THE track, it deserves respect!

Nordschleife Guide download link
(Thanks to Hectari for providing this! Give this a try, it's an amazing in depth review of the track and how to race it)

Version 0.97l
(Repositioned trees, moved and removed tree lines, optmized road, curbs, and scenery objects, merging and splitting them into smaller pieces, and optimized the LODs and shadows all around. Further optimization possible with shadow groups and vis groups. Reduced bump amplification on concrete extensions. Reduced dust output on the curbs and concrete a tad further. Might be forgetting stuff as usual :p)

Version 0.97k
(new HD guardrails textures, Tosch fixed the background ordering, so the landscape should be matching now. Makes a very nice difference in game anyhow! Thanks to Richard for providing the original guardrail texture.)

Version 0.97j-1 update to 0.97j
(40mb, new cam, new panoramic background and shader to bump/spec, new tatoo at track start, 5 saved real road profile, Tosch HDR profile included.)

Version 0.97j
(redone all trees, desaturated and darkened grass a tad, smoothed out all fences and guardrails, redone the bump map on the road (turns out I made a mistake and wasnt using the right bump map for the detail map I had. Makes a nice difference. Amongst other things)

Latest updates

1. 0.97n beta update

Pleclair: "Updated lots of the lower resolution, nearby track, textures. Guardrails, metal...

Latest reviews

lousy work
Im very sorry for this rating, but this track is not to scale, something went very wrong, it's not even fun, it seems like a kart track at some times. Im not even saying nothing about the textures, it is what it is, the road is just terrible.
best green hell i ever driven.
GRACIAS
Thank you very very much for all your hard work and effort I really appreciate it. For me this is the best version to drive and a big improvement. I am so happy there is a good quality version in RF2 .
If you can improve the AI I would give it 5 stars but it is great already. Thanks again.
Tks man, this is THE track for real...
Best nordschleife ever.
Great Track.

Latest News

Author
Ian Franssen
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
User rating
4.00 star(s) 9 ratings