Jenson Button

Antony, did you get thrown out of Toronto and is that you on that picture? That little boy?
I like Jenson but he spits his dummy out too much and...really, he is not as good as a vettel, hamilton or alonso. so being british, i have to support hamilton as our most gifted british driver. jenson's chances of winning another title are really diminishing by the day.
I am still in Toronto. I am actually 37. Barley cry despite the smartass comments on the blog.

I'd like to see Mclaren inject some energy into the team.

Yes Button is a very smooth and calculated driver, but other than when he was gifted a (barely) championship-winning car in 2009, he's not shown any championship potential.

He's got the team around him now, but its not serving him or McLaren very well.

The energy came from Hamilton and his raw pace.
McLaren need to turf out Button and Perez and inject some raw speed into the team again.

In my opinion 2011 was by far Button's best season and even if Hamilton would have been in his normal form that year I'm not sure he would have collected more points than Button.

Keeping Button and Perez for another few years is paving the way to mediocrity for McLaren imo. Being smooth and quick in changeable conditions is simply not enough against drivers like Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton or Kimi.

It also seems as he's dreadful at helping to develop a car and I can't help myself but feel that his need for a car to suit his driving style means McLaren actually have to sacrifice some pace.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%