Team ORSM

Or what Doug?, You will take those who use these materials too court for borrowing a model or models that was done by some people who perhaps didn't have permission to replicate in the first place?

Your right my post is my opinion and i made it like others here did, but, I like the way you shorten it, It got me thinking, If I did that in the first I could have saved a few kb's of data on the www!

And your dead right!, I'm not 'stating' any fact's and didn't claim to be. In fact when read properly my post is basically an 'implied suggestion' that leads to a "implied conclusion" that the original makers of the Ford and Holden models perhaps broke some certain permission rules too... And that therefore perhaps they are no better than those they seek to crush.

I wonder if Ford or Holden might be displeased with the in-accurate misrepresentation of their products? (be they done as not for profit or otherwise). Edge ways, Im thinking there's no doubt been a "line of thought used somewhere to justify the reason's why" it was ok to forge ahead and model away. Quid pro quo.

It leads to the more general question-
Why don't these arguments exist around DTM modding, GT modding, Formula 1 modding or BTCC modding?

Nope it's only ever just the V8 Supercars modding scene that has these little ongoing squabbles...

What makes the V8SC such a protected species while all the other types of racing categories aren't?

And no I don't miss the point, you wish to protect your models - YOUR MODELS. The ones that inaccurately represent perhaps without permission the car companies product's from which they are based on.

And all this brings me to ponder a more generalized thought, that perhaps the sooner some studio picks up the V8SC licence proper and wrestles it back from the squabbling modding community the better ;)
I AGREE 100% - CORRECT

o.k no problem with that, but I would still like to know why I have no problem with the VE / FG windows have done them dozens of times, so what is the difference with the VZ and VY windows ?

No difference,
Unless you using the old templates?

The old ones for V8Factor released in 2006 use Black as solid on the alpha. The new ones use White. Oh and of cause don't forget to turn the layers off after you pasd to alpha channel.

A few more teasers..
k47a.png
6y56.png
j9rp.png
8h7u.png
cebd.png
enxv.png

o.k Doug so I must have the old window templates, where do I get the newer templates ?

They are in the some folder you would have got the templates from. When you installed the base install you would have been asked if you wanted the template, They would be in the rFactor directory.

Put a pic up here of one or both and I'll see what your working with.

They are in the some folder you would have got the templates from. When you installed the base install you would have been asked if you wanted the template, They would be in the rFactor directory.

Put a pic up here of one or both and I'll see what your working with.

I ran the V1.1 set-up again and installed the templates, there the same as the one`s I have always used.

Last edited:
Hi All

We have had a request to provide some back catalog work, and although ORSM did make a comment that this would be forthcoming, real life has taken its toll and the Team has not had the opportunity to make good on this promise.

So, to clear out the coffers, and to get these seasons done and dusted, ORSM has received community contributions towards completing the 2005 season, and here it is.

So what is included in the Mod ?

The 2005 season has been scaled back from the ORSM releases in that there will be 1 skin per car, per season.

This skin will be a representation of one of the liveries presented during the year, and may not relate exactly to a specific round.

But in the case where there has been serious changes to the scheme (like a changed colour or design), then we will create separate skins.

If the community is interested in doing more skins that that, then they can be added as separate skins and downloaded individually from a skin server (like rFactor Central).

There will be no drivers or helmets included in the mod. These could also be included as downloadable content if someone was keen enough to do this.

SO, this means the content is restricted (graphically) to:
- Team boards and menu graphics
- 1 Livery per car
- 1 Pitbox per team for ingame booms on ORSM tracks
- 1 Window texture per car
- 1 wheel texture (if needed)

This is not going to be an ORSM mod.
ORSM has provided the core season structure, and has compiled the zip file for the mod.

Some of the ORSM Team has contributed work, but there is a large contingent of community contribution on this seasons, so it showcases what a great talent our community holds.

Download Links (Will be updated when people mirror it)
DropBox
Mediafire - Thanks to ea_silver_ghia
Mediafire - Thanks to Richard Coleman
Mediafire - Thanks to Doug62

Thanks to all the community contributors and the feedback during the build process.

Please enjoy

Last edited:
What result are you getting? I'm at a lost here. If you treating them exactly the same they should work fine..... Your not using those template in V8Factor are you? Have you still got V8Factor installed?

Show me what your getting.

[Edit] And the BF??? The BF is as new as the FG and VE, you shouldn't having any trouble with that.... well you shouldn't having issue with any of them if your doing all the steps and using the correct color!!! Ok! that could be it.
Check that the name, number, banners and so are White, not black like the original Alpha has on it. My plates are showing black but that don't matter because I'm pasd'in a new layer on the Alpha.
You should be doing the same.

Last edited:
what mod are those templates for ? and yes I have V8Factor installed.
a bit confused but anyway I expect all will become clear eventually
but am I wrong in thinking the only way to test the BA and BF is in V8Factor, I see in the 07 mod, one team uses the VY and another uses the VZ and all the Ford teams use the FG ?
so aussiedano`s mod will use the BA/BF/VZ and VY templates and the mod will be compatible with V8Factor Unleashed 1.1
just realised they all appear in the community content,lol.

Last edited:
what mod are those templates for ? and yes I have V8Factor installed.
a bit confused but anyway I expect all will become clear eventually
but am I wrong in thinking the only way to test the BA and BF is in V8Factor, I see in the 07 mod, one team uses the VY and another uses the VZ and all the Ford teams use the FG ?
so aussiedano`s mod will use the BA/BF/VZ and VY templates and the mod will be compatible with V8Factor Unleashed 1.1
just realised they all appear in the community content,lol.
Yeah, You "must" use the cars in V8Factor Unleashed Community section to get those cars.
The cars have been formatted differently in Unleashed so the Alpha is opposite.
That template you've pictured is for the Unleashed format.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back