WIP Cicada GP

I cant get the full installer to work with chrome.. it say there is Disk 1 cabinet file is corrupt... network problem, an error reading from cd rom, or a packedge problem

I cant get the full installer to work with chrome.. it say there is Disk 1 cabinet file is corrupt... network problem, an error reading from cd rom, or a packedge problem

Hmm, so it seems and not just Chrome but firefox too.. No reports from NoGrip, it's zipped there. I've had too much problems sharing msi installers, i'll zip them before transfers from now on... Links updated..

It's planned, anyone can help there. It's pretty straightforward process, everything is compatible with rF only thing that needs more testing as i used all materials that SimBin can offer. The material assigment can be even closer to what i had mind in rFactor, since you can edit TDF The grip was suppose to differ differently). Everything else is really just basic conversion.

Is it just me or does the GTL version look a bit nicer than on Race? Tried track on both GTL and Race and i think overall the GTL version's colours stand out more. Also with Race for FPS performance i set graphics to medium on GTL i can set graphics to high and does not effect FPS.

I like driving this track on GTL more because of the cars. With GTL's physics it is harder to get around the track.

If you like there is a different sky to look forward to....
You have storm clouds in the north....:D looks really good as you come over the hill and look out to sea :O_o:
or try it at night.... really get you concentrating.... turn off the lights.....:sneaky: and go for it...

Nope, i'm the author so i should know ;) Source projects were lost in the the Great Catastrophic Data Loss of 2012 where i lost pretty much everything... The only problems with converting without source files are the material names; Cicada uses every material available in Race07 and they do not use the same names as rFactor. From the top of my head, there is b1road, b2road, b3road, lgroad, drain at least that are not in rFactor (unless you copy the values from SimBin specialfx.tec to rF)

But it should be possible to convert with 3DSimed and mas utility. If you don't know how to use them, i would have to say that then the conversion needs to be done be a more skilled person to ensure quality ;) This is not against you in anyway, i have no idea what skillset you have but in general, i've been very critical about conversions and the people doing them (about 50% of addon tracks that are converted have some major issue that takes about a minute to fix, for ex, Hungaroring, 22 max vehicles when there's over 50 grid slots defined... takes just one line in GDB to fix that.. ) So i'm very skeptical about conversions. I know it's very very easy from BTB source do it right but that option is out of the window.

I can ask from betatesters and those that helped me to create the track if they have the latest source but i give that a 1% chance. And i don't accept conversions from earlier sources, the where some major bug fixes and modifications done after the beta tests ended so anything prior to that: no permission granted.. But if i find the sources, i'll PM you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 236 13.4%