rF2 GT3 Club @ Laguna Seca - Sat 19th April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I broke something, any idea how to fix it?
10263335_10201769995278273_70064661_o.jpg

Edit - tried turning off and on again (hud and game) result stays the same :/

@Mike Bell
Try using a different UI (might work) or install the latest light build over your current install dir (will work, but you would have to wait until after the race)

Hmmmmm... terrible race for me....

Had a horrible start.... The engine chocked, so was rolling very slow from the line and was passed by a number of guys..
I did a coupel of laps and gained a few spots as people were going off and on. Than coming out of the corkscrew corner... The track was clear and than ..boom... a car appeared just in front of me.. Must have been a lag spike.. Sorry for who ever that was. :(

I continued my laps and from one to the other laps my brakes started failing when breaking for corkscrew... Very strange moment... I just hit a yellow car.. As my brakes just didn't work and slammed into the wall... And slided on ice down corkscrew and couldn't stop the car. This time David found me on his way down. Very sorry there mate. :(
I had a good qually for once and compensated with a horrible race...
I wonder if it was a brake failure or the tires went crazy, but the cars just became unstoppable.

Hope to do better next time...

One plus point: The McLaren dind't blow up this time :D

Thanx for the race guys, looking for a rematch. :)

well guys. thanks for the racing.
my race was a disaster but ive enjoyed practise

qualifying was ok with p4. i should really have gone 4 tenths quicker but it wouldnt have got me p3 anyway.

race was a disaster and i must apologise to @Matt Horst
somebody suggest putting limiter on for formation lap. i don't normally do this...and i forgot to take it off lol no wonder i couldn't do burn outs.

anyway, i was coasting along in 9th ok and probably hedged my bets too much with gils.
i tried to overtake at the left hander after corkscrew thinking he was running wide but it was just a wide line. he then cut back in and i spun. next i heard stefan (?) say, "ooh! lag" and i got smashed. i limped to the pits but when i came out, i was over 1 lap down. managaed a couple of nice overtakes but the blue flags ended my race - a driver thru.
i felt in the race there seemed a lot less grip. my tyres werre overheating far more than in practise race runs which were weird.

i think its clear people like this series, i just wish we could use isi cars as i found the grip on this track really unrealistic. great to see a full grid tho and thanks to the organisers.

i will wash the stream tomorrow and enjoyed it!

cheers. fingers crossed txl did well.

I got a stop and go penalty that didn't show up in my pit menu but showed on the penalties screen. I pitted 3 times to try and get rid of it but I just kept getting the tires changed and in the end got a dq.

Is there a different area that i need to stop at to get rid of stop-and-go penalties?

Started 28th - after being DQ'ed for overshooting the pit entry on my inlap :rolleyes:

Rocketed away from the grid, made my way to P18 at the end of L1 I believe! :D

Was battling with a few people for a couple of laps but started losing my nerve and made mistakes, caused me to spin and hit the wall once.

Dropped back, caught up a bit but made yet another mistake and into the barriers...

The rest of the race I was stuck with a car that steered to the left all the time - trying to keep it straight was difficult :p

Halfway through the race I kept going in P11, made a mistake once or twice and my tires were starting to lose grip gradually. Saw other guys pitting and considered changing my tires as well.

Then, out of the blue, I got DQ'ed without any warning messages :confused: It couldn't have been because of a mandatory pitstop because there wasn't...I was leading some faster guys and let them all through, not upholding anyone in the process.

As I'm writing this I learned that blue flags have to be adhered to in a faster car is within a second of you - perhaps that cost me the race. I will need to see if I can enable warning messages for next races!

Thanks for the livestream guys, and thank you all for racing! See you on track sometime ;)

@Stefan Woudenberg it was me but don't worry, the intial crash was my fault. apologies to all. pleased with my pace on the whole. interested to see if oscar could hold the tyres together :)

In response to your interest... maybe. I body slammed the right hand side about 15-20 minutes in. Caused understeer and cost me time and my tyre life. No choice but to replace the tyres. Still, 2nd place and only 15 seconds down on a no stop strategy means I have the pace there to improve in the future.

GREAT racing from everyone I encountered today. Brilliant stuff and a huge grid size to boot.

- Oscar.

Didnt have a good run in qualy always messed up the first turn in S2. I had the pace for P2 or maybe P1. It would have been close, but screwed it up two times :D

Puh what a race. I started 4th and could overtake two cars in front. I settled for no pit stop and judging by the pace at the front I thought the other drivers in the top 3 will pit. So at around lap 20 I was back in 3rd and the 2nd place guy was catching the leader and I knew the leader would stop. Just at around lap 20 I had a big spin in the fast left hander in S2, but I didn't hit anything, which was remarkable. It cost me some valueable tyre life and confidence. At that point I was 19 seconds behind the leader and a pit stop costs you around 35 seconds, so I thought I was in for the win.

But due to the spin I was around 35 seconds back and the leader came out of the pits as I was going by. With just spun tyres I had no chance to hold him back, so I had to give up at some point and was aiming for P2.

But Marçal Bonet somehow managed to do his quick pace on one set of tyres. As I was certain about that around lap 30 I stepped back and brought it home in 3rd.

Had some really nice battles at the start and driving through traffic was nearly as good as having a position fight :D

I will need to watch that on the replay.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back