rF2 Ironman @ 1967 Spa Circuit - Fri 18th April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Just a suggestion: Perhaps limit drivers to the 1965 Mark I. The other models seem to be dominated by the sheer torque and power and take a little more patience with the throttle. The Mk I gives a great feel and handles throttle modulation a little better. Still an insane combo of light weight and massive power, but a little more friendly. Just a thought. It might encourage more participation.

After did the practice with G6, I also tried G4, both with almost the same setup. G4 is slower on straight (~20 km/h), but faster and easier to drive on curves (5 gears), clutch doesn˙t slip so much as with G6 and my average laptime with G4 is slower for about 6 sec/lap. So what to take for the race? I don˙t know, to be honest. G4 is much more stable and good for a long race (also consume about 5% less fuel), but on the other hand, G6 is faster on straights, where overtakes happen on this track.
Anyway, I will be on server today from 6 pm (GMT) if somebody wants to practice with me and maybe share some more tips :thumbsup:.

/edit: According to the link the G4 MkIII should be the best with 335kph top speed, which is a bit insane
It does feel a bit insane actually.
I drove it this week in practice and it feels like you have taken a 1968 sports car and given it a 200 mph engine. Often feels like you are skating a bit.
The straights where the F3 is doing 215 kph this one is doing 315kph
In the 1967 Spa circuit you start to turn the nose in about a full post code before the apex and get on throttle again leaning on that engine to do the job.
I had a nostalgic moment as I remembered my first ever slot car racer, a McLaren M8A.
Big fun though.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:.
David, mostly with closed eyes ... just a joke :). But seriously, I drive this car like skippy formulas and try to do most of the job before curve with lifting throttle and in apex with pushing it, because braking at that speed results car becomes unstable and you easily miss the exit. Well, I hope, you undrestand, what I want to say, because I barely understand myself :p.

I am really looking forward to this race and hoping to be home at the time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back