Jay Ekkel has a tendancy to be quite cryptic in regards to GTR3, but he said several times that Simbin are focussing solely on promoting RaceRoom Racing Experience at this time;) .

If there simply wasn't any real hope of a GTR3 then I'm pretty sure he'd say!!

As the recent interview about RRRE said it contains multi-class racing and Ai as well as proper multi-class points scoring then I'm inclined to think that RRRE might end up being the base software for GTR3 to be installed to. Much like Race 07 became the base to several licenced and non-licenced series!!

I want longer races from day to night like 24 hours. Simulated in shorter time frames like say 50 laps. A AI driver as team mate that can take over the wheel on pit stops to do the donkeys work as track rubbers in.

Well, at least GTR3 is still (coming) alive; Its actually at the top of the RaceRoom.com Games page as "In Developement" stating:

"The development of GTR3 is firing on all cylinders. Stay informed through the SimBin Insider and right here on RaceRoom Online.."

I just hope it's just as 'hardcore" sim as GTR2 is, although I doubt it will be viable then nowadays in terms of profit.

I still believe it'll be a real GTRx, no doubt with amateur, pro and real sim modes. The life cycle of GTR series is long and the prestige it has with GTR2 (and Race series, aka GTR 2.5) is too much to sacrifice for possibly short term gain with casual gamers.. That are looking for GRID, NFS type of games and i can't believe SimBin going full 180 on that. I could be wrong, of course..

I have faith still, RRRE wasn't as bad as i feared and that is a product aimed for casual/F2P gamers with a slight HC user support promised (it'll probably never be a full sim, but damn close.. SimBins Gran Turismo, if you will.)

I think they are aiming between rF2 and NFS, definitely competiting with rF2 userbase and honor. Just speculating, that's what i would do.

I am curious as to what you would expect GTR3 to be?

The FIA GT championship is no more, so GTR3 can't be an FIA GT sim. Simbin have licensed the ADAC GT championship. You could consider this GTR3 when AI and MP are added to R3E.

Didn't SimBin come out and say that the release of R3E would not affect GTR3?
Things may have changed since then though, would be nice to get some official word on it but I'm not holding my breath :p
Besides, I'm now heavily invested in R3E so I'm fine with no new title being released, just fix that one instead ^^

Simbin is building a good working sim base with R3E and features will be added step by step.
I think, it wouldn't make much sense for Simbin to invest time and money in a second product like GTR3. With all the licensed GT cars and upcoming GT Masters Experience, R3E will just become GTR3. I see nothing what GTR3 could add to that. Of course .... some of us would like to see a standalone game without these R3E microtransactions, but at the end i see not much difference money-wise between the actual R3E business model and a fullprice game with some DLC's added. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%