rF2 F1 1992 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Sun February 20th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yeah - c'mon Kelvin ! :D
It's gonna be you and me at the back of the pack. Who cares if the leading guys lap 1:48.000 with race setups ? The faster they all drive, the bigger the chance of them all crashing out. Not that I'm wishing that to happen to them of course :p
Just trying to bring it to the checkered flag is a success IMO. Specially if you're like me, spending all your previous days practicing for the WTM ;)

hmm rfactor just crashed for no reason and ofcourse race had started dont you guys wait for people if they have last minute crash? anyway not waiting for race 2 so good night everybody

Utterly hopeless first heat, do I send a pm to Lee about reporting other drivers?

PM With a youtube video of the incident and a description please.

hmm rfactor just crashed for no reason and ofcourse race had started dont you guys wait for people if they have last minute crash? anyway not waiting for race 2 so good night everybody

No because that would take forever restarting every time people crash and in this mod it seems to happen quite alot due to people having their settings set too high. I'm sorry you missed the race but its the same for everyone.

Some guys really need to calm down with these cars - some of the incidents I saw were far too aggressive will wait for incident reports but may also look into some that myself and Adam feel need reviewing.

I agree Lee that was terrible tonight, not sure if it was done on purpose (looks like it on the replay and felt like it at the time) but someone had an accident and as I came to go by they jinked straight into my path, on lap 2 of race2.

I agree Lee that was terrible tonight, not sure if it was done on purpose (looks like it on the replay and felt like it at the time) but someone had an accident and as I came to go by they jinked straight into my path, on lap 2 of race2.

Was me Martin. I came round turn 1 inside Erick, hit the throttle and the car just turned left. Took Erick out, sorry Erick, my car bounced off the barrier and as you can see from the replay straightened up but as soon as i put the power on to try and get out of the middle of the track, the car just went right at 90 degrees, unfortunately into your path leaving you nowhere to go. I certainly didnt attempt to take you out on purpose, i was trying to get out of the way, but again I apologise for ruining your race.

It was an unfortunate incident. If you get time watch the replay of race 1. I got spun out at the chicane at the end of the straight and had to drive the rest of the race with a car that wanted to turn right, again an unfortunate incident but please don't accuse me of deliberately trying to take you out.

Thanks for the explanation Steve, at the time it looked like you turned into my path, but I thought it was out of character for you as we have raced together a few times with this mod, an unfortunate incident and thanks for the apology.

Thanks for that Martin, I would have gone to bed with a guilty conscience. What I cant understand is although my car was quite stable, I accelerated, in a straight line, and it just turned left which ruined Ericks race as well, and another guy who couldn't avoid Erick. Im a bit gutted really.

However, can i just say a big well done to Garry, who last week was talking about doing steady 2.08's but managed to qualify with a 1;59 and drive through the carnage of R1 to finish 7th. Good stuff Garry.

It wasn't that bad. DNF's both races, but in both cases I'm the only one to blame for it. Race 1 thou, started a bit shabby. The car infront of me didn't had the best start, maybe because the car infront of him didn't had the best start, so I braked and waited him, but then I got hit gently on the back. It was gentle, but hard enough to mess up my rear wing and you all know what that means at Spa. I choose not to pit to fix it and shortly after I went into lap 2, I spun out in a high speed corner because of that rear wing damage. No biggie thou, it was my call not to pit.
Second race was much more smoother at the start. At least from where I was. Again - car infront of me didn't had the best of starts, so I braked, but the guy behind me also braked. No contact thru the first corner and I was happy as a child. Lap 2 thou, I made a fool of myself at the exit of the Bus Stop. Thankfully the pit was right there, so I jumped in to fix my car. After that I had a smooth steady run for awhile, before I thought it'll be a good idea to catch the car infront of me ... and stepped badly on a kerb while accelerating. The result - I sat down to watch the epic Top 4 battles going on in the last minutes. Awesome driving ! Reminded me of what F1 used to look like back in those days.
I shall be skipping the next F1s thou. I need to focus on the WTM more.
Thanks for all the fun guys ! :D

rFactor froze on me Sami 20 seconds to race start! Never happened before :confused: I missed race 1,but i was there for race 2.
Apologies Adam for clipping your rear right on lap 1 :frown: Hope it didn't hold you up at all.
Q1- 12th with a 1:49 something.
R1- Game froze-DNR
Q2- 6th with a 1:48.5ish PB for me.
R2- Started ok and came out of turn 1 in P4 after passing Adam and William,rears snaking!
Adam re-takes me in the entry to Les Combes but runs wide and i get close to his rear as i slow,this allows William to get real close into me as i passed Adam next right hander(turn 8)but i ran wide which allowed them both passed me entering turn 9.
William breaked and by the looks of things it caught Adam out a little and that caught me out and i clipped Adams rear right tyre which popped me into the air and i spun 180 degrees into the gravel!
I had to wait untill everyone passed before i could get moving again. Down to P17 and with damaged front left suspension, i carried on.
Passed 1 car exiting the bus stop for P16, then picked up 4 places after a big shunt exiting turn 1. Picked up another 4 places on lap 2 for P7, untill the last lap when William lost the rear going through Blanchimont,i picked up P6.
Gutted i missed R1 :frown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back