SimXperience Motion Sim Series Q+A Thread

I have a couple of questions if its not too much trouble.
  • Is there a list of games the SimX supports on the website, specifically looking for Richard Burns Rally support
  • Does the Stage IV support mounting the shifter controls on the left hand side of the cockpit, is there room to also mount a MANU-Factory Handbrake

• Do you have a distributor in Australia who can supply a complete Stage IV Simulator or is it quicker to order direct
  • Does the SimX simulator have to be mounted to a hard floor or is a carpeted room okay?
  • What are the actual dimensions of a complete stage IV cockpit (in metric if possible please)

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Cheers Al

Upvote 0
Email Spam

Hello,

I just discovered the later entries to this post.

@ Gerorge, Can you please remove my email address before I get even more spam? As an FYI, spammers crawl websites look for anything@anywhere.com and they add these email to a database. They then sell the addresses to other spammers and the problem snowballs. Posting someones email address these days is the equiv of smacking them in the face ;-)

For anyone trying to reach us, Customer Support [/at/] SimXperience.com goes directly into our ticketing system. Inquires are usually responded to within 1 business day.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I just discovered the later entries to this post.

@ Gerorge, Can you please remove my email address before I get even more spam? As an FYI, spammers crawl websites look for anything@anywhere.com and they add these email to a database. They then sell the addresses to other spammers and the problem snowballs. Posting someones email address these days is the equiv of smacking them in the face ;-)

For anyone trying to reach us, Customer Support [/at/] SimXperience.com goes directly into our ticketing system. Inquires are usually responded to within 1 business day.

I`ve edited on your behalf Berney

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity,
how much would it cost to ship it to Norway?

Are you just assuming, or did you do a research on that Syonco?

BTW great thread,
the SimXperience rig looks simply outstanding!

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity,
how much would it cost to ship it to Norway?

Are you just assuming, or did you do a research on that Syonco?

BTW great thread,
the SimXperience rig looks simply outstanding!

I'm just assuming for now, however just getting the product into the country costs me $1200 (V.A.T) which would in total BEFORE shipping make the cockpit (Stage IV which is the one i'd get) cost $7165.

Upvote 0
It might seem alot of money, but, when you have one, you will never look back.
Sim racing with the Stage IV is wicked.
I will NEVER EVER EVER sell mine as long as I have somewhere to put it.#

Bite the bullet and get one ordered. Its as cheap now as it will ever be.
Do It!

George

Upvote 0
Just waiting for the F1/OpenWheel chassis to come out.
Dont wait mate... you can spend your life waiting for the next great up grade before you buy.
My SimXperience rig is AWESOME.
When your driving you wont think of the seating position, you will just be in there.
The seating position is perfect for all cars.
When you are into iracing (which you will be, for sure...) you wont want just to drive formula cars!
George

Upvote 0
I have one concern..
Those actuators seem to be pretty loud.

Would you say it is safe to place a simulator like that in a regular apartment (neighbors to the left/right/below) ?

No problem at all. They realy just 'chirp'. Its not loud at all. Shut the door and you may not hear them outside the door. If you have fitted speakers to the rig, you wont hear the chirping at all.
: )
George

Upvote 0
Thanks for your answer George.

Any chance you will upload some videos of the rig?
Would love to see more details, specially of the monitor-, shifter- and pedal mounts :)

Are there different positions where you can mount the shifter?
What about if i had a H- and a sequential shifter?
Can i mount both at the same time?

Upvote 0
Look on the SImXperience web site and you can see lots of vids.
I had a mate build me a cool 3 monitor stand from MDF and I painted it matt black and its perfect. : )
Peddle mount is standard and works well. I have mounted both G27 and CST peddles with zero hassle.
I am sure that you could mount both shifters together with little issues on either side no problems.
Get your cheque book out, you wont ever regret it.
George

Upvote 0
The thing is, that i would like to have the seq shifter on a different position (higher) then the H-shifter (lower).
I think the best option for me would be to go the DIY way, and just get the Stage I from simxperience.

Upvote 0
I too would like to venture into motion sim.. starting from scratch and trying to understand it all. Does SimX support FFB wheels. If not maybe I have eye on ECCI 6000 wheel and pedals. Any thoughts? thanks

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing