Boxed version:
That means I have the game, even if I won't have a net connection or somebody steals my account, or Steam goes down, etc. + it looks fine on the bookshelf, it has a printed manual, and it feels good to take those CD/DVD-s in my hands!:) And I can install it a lot faster as I have a 4Mb connection only, so downloading a game on Steam can take a lot of time.
+ nowadays Steam is a lot more expensive than our shops. (when I bought GTR Evo it was the other way, but this year I bought Race On full version cheaper from a shop than the expansion was on Steam)

In the past Steam release of Simbin titles has lagged release of the boxed game. I think I'll buy whichever is available first.

Apparently in the US, digital sales now account for half of PC game sales.

nother few ideas
- tyre barriers that act liek real [tyres fly everywhere when u hit em]
- car damage more realistic
- when a car get damaged the stuff stays where it is
- when a car gets koed if its dangerous th saefty car comes out and marshals move the car to a safer position
- oil on the track
- mud and gravel shift if you go off track
- f1 style qually as an option
- water [rivers] that you might fall in
- more weather options
- more car classes as default [take the most popular gtr mods and put em in the game as base cars]

I'll buy boxed as long as they're made. I like to have my collection on the shelf.

I'm perfectly happy using steam for the game itself and it's auto updating etc, but I hate paying for a virtual product!!

Silly I know :)

Boxed version:
That means I have the game, even if I won't have a net connection or somebody steals my account, or Steam goes down, etc. + it looks fine on the bookshelf, it has a printed manual, and it feels good to take those CD/DVD-s in my hands!:) And I can install it a lot faster as I have a 4Mb connection only, so downloading a game on Steam can take a lot of time.
+ nowadays Steam is a lot more expensive than our shops. (when I bought GTR Evo it was the other way, but this year I bought Race On full version cheaper from a shop than the expansion was on Steam)

Eveything mentioned above is why id always get the boxed version :)

Boxed version:
You can play any game on Steam while being offline. Just turn on 'offline mode'.

If somebody manages to steal your account, you shouldn't be using computers anyway :p. Happened to a friend of mine, but he got it back in a day or two. You have the receipts for your games, no problem in getting it back.
I don't think it's possible for Steam to go down. At least the game repositories. But if it somehow does, I'm sure there will be plenty of time do download and archive all of your games.

On the plus side, convenience, easy installs, automatic updates, large communities, zero plastic waste.
I have some games on CDs and DVDs, and they were fun to look at for the first half hour. Now they just occupy space and collect dust. And the mediums won't last forever.

I like the way the RACE series was done, boxed copy but installed into Steam. I like having boxes for some games :)
simbin.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years