RACE 07 minidumps

All of a suddwn my Race07 install is mini-dumping 95% of the time. I have Race )n GTR evo and STCC content and I have tried reinstalling, at first just the base Race 07 but it still crashes. It happens in Sp and MP and usually when loading. Anyone got any ideas as to what is causing it?

I have changed nothing in my system lately, the game ran fine until a week ago and is no virtually unplayable.The game has been pretty crashless for a year or so now so I am completely befuddled with this problem. Help!

I had the same issue a few months ago when selecting customs skins. I removed all simbin content and deleted all folders assosiated to Race. I then ran a fresh install from a backup I had made and problem was solved. Not sure if this will be of any help.
Good luck with that m8.

Guys save yourself a lot of time. You never have to do a fresh install. Just let steam unpack the core files again.

- Go to: X:\Games\Steam\steamapps\YourSteamName
- Delete the entire RACE 07 folder
- Close steam
- Restart steam
- Start the game

Result: a brand new clean game without you having to download GB's of content you already have :)

Hello Richard,

Let's run a few checks:

Do you have any addon content installed?
Is your DirectX up to date?
Are you 100% sure you didn't make any change to your machine recently ? (as the problem started suddenly)

A general remark: in order to recover a "fresh install" from a Steam version of the game, just delete your Gametada and Uidata folders in the steamapps\login\race'07 directory. This will remove all addon content. (cut and paste it somewhere else so you don't lose the content)

Make sure also that you don't have any third party .dll file in the Race'07 directory (addon HUD for example).

If the problem persists, send me your dump file (zip it first, it will be smaller) at support@simbin.com and we will analyze it deeper.

Like J-F stated, there is no need to delete all etc. When building mods I just rename the GameData folder to GameData-Original, but most importantly go in to the SimBin/Race07 folder in your My Documents and rename the CustomSkins folder to CustomSkins-Original and restart Steam and Race. If the problem is solved, then I cut and paste from the GameData-Original to GameData, starting with the Locations folder as most tracks are problem free and if they do have an issues it's posted all over the www's. Then do the Sounds and Teams folders. If this is all running well with all your cars and tracks back in, then you will find that the crash is custom skin based. There are a few mods out there that cause issue only with customskins installed. If this process doesn't work for you then you will need to submit the minidump to SimBin as above to have the exact issue found (hopefully).

Like J-F stated, there is no need to delete all etc. When building mods I just rename the GameData folder to GameData-Original, but most importantly go in to the SimBin/Race07 folder in your My Documents and rename the CustomSkins folder to CustomSkins-Original and restart Steam and Race. If the problem is solved, then I cut and paste from the GameData-Original to GameData, starting with the Locations folder as most tracks are problem free and if they do have an issues it's posted all over the www's. Then do the Sounds and Teams folders. If this is all running well with all your cars and tracks back in, then you will find that the crash is custom skin based. There are a few mods out there that cause issue only with customskins installed. If this process doesn't work for you then you will need to submit the minidump to SimBin as above to have the exact issue found (hopefully).

Hello Richard,

Let's run a few checks:

Do you have any addon content installed?
Is your DirectX up to date?
Are you 100% sure you didn't make any change to your machine recently ? (as the problem started suddenly)

A general remark: in order to recover a "fresh install" from a Steam version of the game, just delete your Gametada and Uidata folders in the steamapps\login\race'07 directory. This will remove all addon content. (cut and paste it somewhere else so you don't lose the content)

Make sure also that you don't have any third party .dll file in the Race'07 directory (addon HUD for example).

If the problem persists, send me your dump file (zip it first, it will be smaller) at support@simbin.com and we will analyze it deeper.

Sorry it's been a while before I have got back to you. I've just started a new job and the shifts have me a little busy at the moment.

Firstly I have no mods installed, when I resorted to a fresh intall of Race 07 I only installed Race 07 (no Race On, no GTR Evo, and no STCC) and the problem persists. I have never run any mods for Race 07 series but I have run it with the XD telemetry HUD. XD was the first thing I removed to see if it was the problem.

My Direct X is up to date.

I tried the delete Race 07 folder and allow Steam to rebuild it, and that will allow me to connect, once. If I come out of game and restart the game every attempt ends with a mini-dump. These minidumps happen at various times like, on the car selection screen, at the beginning of the track loading, at the end of the track loading or at the end of the cars on server loading.

As stated I have fully removed and reinstalled all expansions and Race 07 and tried with stand alone Race 07. I have still not reinstalled STCC or GTR Evo content.

The only recent change to my system was a replacement motherboard and a new graphics card but Race 07 ran perfectly well for a number of months after that so I do not think they were the problem. No other system changes have taken place.

@ Gunther, interestingly I had not, removed Custom Skins when reinstalling or deleting the Race 07 folder to allow Steam to rebuild it. However, when it does work (ie. the first time after a rebuild) the Custom skins I have work perfectly well. I can't see them being the issue and considering I run no mods there can be no conflict with the custom skins and mods.

My next plan, and a drastic one to boot, was a fresh install of windows. Unfortunately, as stated earlier, the new job is taking up a lot of my time so when I get round to this is anyone's guess.

Help!

Hi i have race 07 offline and i have 2 mods it is Mak-Corp F1 and Fia Gt 2008 and it crashes when it have loaded a bit and then this come up a minidump error on all tracks. I am not very proud of this game becouse it crashes all the time when it gonna load
up the track. Can anyone help me with this problem.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%