Presto GP - Pacific Series (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys I finish my race on kurbs and wheels dont touch the track cooked the engine with 1st and reverse gear.
Thanks for the race David N . I suppose that Steve is Winners congratulation and well done all finishers:)

Attachments

• KURBS.jpg
    KURBS.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 177
I was half awake after a Huge weekend of gigs (5 in 4 days) and a steam message popped up just as I was entering a Nordschliefe server for a bit of fun.
'Twas David asking if I was joining in for the fun race - I said 'Sure' and jumped in.
I'd done a handful of laps there & had a pretty good, stable setup & so I was interested in seeing what strategy to use. The Presto server was set to 67 laps instead of 57 so I decided to run with plenty of fuel & hard tyres. I out in a good qual lap & was up front, then the start was great & I was at the front before I knew it...

Race was pretty easy & just kept it off the walls while everyone else seemed to find them.

Not sure as to what tyres etc to use for the real race but I'm sure wednesday night race will give more of an idea.

FPPS Season 4 - Round 9 Valencia - December 11th/12th 2010

Welcome to the final round of Season 4 for the Pacific Series, after 8 rounds its come down to 2 drivers - Christian Ramlow (119pts) and David Noden (101pts) battling it out for the drivers championship. Also the battle to take the final championship position in 3rd is very close between Gaetano Zizzo (80pts) and Frank Rosenbauer (76pts) along with other mini battles for championship rankings.

Good luck to all for this final race and let the best driver win.

Thank you to all who have put the effort in turning up week after week and to those that could make as many races as they could, its been a great season and hopefully we can have an even better season in the new year!!

Race Date: December 11th/12th, 2010
Server Name: PrestoGP FPPS Valencia Race
Race Distance: 57 Laps
Weather: standard conditions
Password: check PrestoGP website

Here are the times. I am putting them as at GMT.
I'm sure you can all work out what time zone you live in :)

Practice, 2 hrs - 21.30 GMT
Qualy, 30mins - 23.30 GMT (not superpole, normal Qual session)
Warmup, 10 mins
Race Start, 00.10 GMT

We always run a practice start about 5 mins before heading into the first qualifying session.

TEAM OWNERS - CONFIRM YOUR DRIVERS FOR THIS RACE Bold=confirmed

Team Underdog - McLaren
1 Chris Hendrich - Team Owner
2 Bob Luneski
3 Leif Davidsen

Spygate Racing - Ferrari
4 Mitchell Chapman - Team Owner
5 David Street - No
6 David Noden

Petronas F1 - BMW
7 Ivan Mills - Team Owner
8 Brendan Crosby
9 Mark Brunner

Aqua Vista Racing - Spyker
Joe Isaac & Anthony Ishak - Team owners
10 Steve Crossland - - FPPS Team Manager
11 Noel Spence
12 Lutz Dassler - No

Water Blue Racing - Honda
Giorgos Davakos Team Owner
13 Danny Asbury - FPPS Team Manager
14 Gaetano Zizzo

Duff Beer GP - Spyker
15 Frank Rosenbauer - Team Owner - No
16 Ray Meier - No
17 Sebastian Diekmann - No

Panther Racing -
18 Mitchell Smith - Team Owner
19 David McCradic
20 Christian Ramlow

Team Owners please confirm your drivers

I have reviewed the Incident between David Noden & Mitchell Smith and it is a very tricky one.
I cannot get any cockpit view from David's car at all & his graphics card really did the dirty on him.
When he reappears he has limited time to try to get out of the way & it seemed that Mitchell was the unfortunate guy who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I do believe that David didn't really have time to re-evaluate what to do when control was suddenly handed back to him. Both drivers lost good possible points finishing positions here but as there was no driving errors or bad judgement calls it is a bit of a grey area. I don't think a penalty fits this situation. It was racing & sometimes things happen. We get up, walk back to the pits, apologise to the team owner & get on to the next track.

yeah it was just unlucky for the both of us... my screen only came back to me just as Mitchell hit me, didn't even realise my car was rolling... It was a sad day for both drivers and team bosses..

Once again Mitchell I do appologise for wrecking your race.

On Another note - I did notice a few cars running wide, especially at Turn 1 at Hockenheim so I think a review for cutting may be needed. I'm going to have another look tonight.

Remember guys, at least 2 wheels inside or on the white at ALL times.

I´m sorry, but Duff Beer can´t be there as the sponsor has pulled the plug out of this project because of not being successful enough for their brand.:D

:wink:
No...that`s not the reason, but all three of us have a GTR2 Enduro race on the same day.
I have to be there because i organize it and the others want to be there...so no show, but i already would likte to thank you all for the season especially Steve and David for organizing it.

I never got quick enough with this mod but still enjoyed it and i think i improved a bit with every race :cool:

Cu hopefully next time again.

Thx Anthony, Steve, David and Noel :)

2nd stint and I had a mechanical failure - Brake failure in the results screen.:(
Brakes and engine ducts were set at 3...

A shame as I was enjoying my run. A spin, recovered and then straight on at Turn 1, bang.
I am not a fan of mechanical failures on, though I guess it is funny for everyone else.:tongue:

Cheers guys; a pleasure whilst it lasted :)

thanks guys for the race, gave me plenty of info for the main event on sunday...

had a great battle with steve for the first 15 or so laps, then everyone's cars started dieing... oh well a win is a win and hopefully means good things for sunday :)

sorry pete but I did have to laugh lol

Thx guys for the fun today :):)

My race pace was good but Peter pace was really good , I was able to pull a gap slowly away from petrr but then I noticed that the brakes start fading around lap 17 or so, I start braking way earlier and start losing too much time , on lap 39 or so they just failed completely and went strait into the wall.

Weldone David :)

Cheers

It was fun...
I had planned to go one stop on hard tyres and all seemed well. The opening laps were awesome trying to hold David off as long as possible but then the rears started to go off even thought the temps seemed fine. It was like they just lost interest in continuing & the car started to slide out when turning in the tight corners. Got to the point of being hazardous to others so I pulled over to let David through. Must have looked like I lost interest later in the race but I need to go through & rack my brain for a solution.
Perhaps a different strategy altogether.

Anthony, when David comes through for dinner make sure you drug him to slow him down for Sunday :)

Apology accepted Dave, took a bit for me to cool down but it's fine.

As for T1 at Hockenheim, you should give a bit of slack for ths one Steve, it's a tricky corner to get right, and there's alot of kerbing there that you can runoff too, honestly I think the in-game marshalls handle that corner well, if your not off the kerbing before the cones you get a warning, do it 3 time and you get a drive through. But a mistake in T1 can easily see you go wide, 3 mistakes at T1 in the race will see you with a drive through, which I think is kinda harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%