Lot's of different cars; as it's GTR3, it should fufill that wish by itself.

The AI should be nice, for example in a 3 hour race I don't want to see the entire field together, I want to see some cars that are just unlucky a few laps down, the top 2 or 3 within 30 seconds of each other, and no real dominance, just an even field, actually in all honesty all this was in GTR2, I remember doing a 4 hour race at Monza in the night in a C5-R, it was sort've a relaxing drive, and in the end because I was human, and I wasn't programmed to produce wear (they slow down ridiculously more then you need to), I managed my tyres and was so fast I ended up in the top 5.. For those of you who don't know the C5 isn't in the GT class in GTR2 and I was easily catching 1st.

Although I guess the realism wins out because for the past 3 hours 1st had whupped me by about 2 seconds a lap and he was long gone.

But I'm not being nostalgic, seriously I'd like to see a variarty of tracks, I'd like to see pit crews return (which they didnt for Race 07 series), also I'd like to see maybe more easier to see pitboards and marshalls.

Honestly I can't think of 1 better way to improve it that hasn't been said already, obviously you'll get the little knks ironed out that come with age, but truly GTR2 was brillliant, apart from some arcadey graphics.

As for saftey cars.. I'd like to see instead of just smashing wheels and benders off, I'd like to see literal flat spots and punctures, but that'd be my only suggestion and I don't know how you could impliment the need for a saftey car when players who are wrecked can just esc out, but I honestly like the idea.

In short: GTR3 will kick serious rear bumper :p.

Lot's of different cars; as it's GTR3, it should fufill that wish by itself.

The AI should be nice, for example in a 3 hour race I don't want to see the entire field together, I want to see some cars that are just unlucky a few laps down, the top 2 or 3 within 30 seconds of each other, and no real dominance, just an even field, actually in all honesty all this was in GTR2, I remember doing a 4 hour race at Monza in the night in a C5-R, it was sort've a relaxing drive, and in the end because I was human, and I wasn't programmed to produce wear (they slow down ridiculously more then you need to), I managed my tyres and was so fast I ended up in the top 5.. For those of you who don't know the C5 isn't in the GT class in GTR2 and I was easily catching 1st.

Although I guess the realism wins out because for the past 3 hours 1st had whupped me by about 2 seconds a lap and he was long gone.

But I'm not being nostalgic, seriously I'd like to see a variarty of tracks, I'd like to see pit crews return (which they didnt for Race 07 series), also I'd like to see maybe more easier to see pitboards and marshalls.

Honestly I can't think of 1 better way to improve it that hasn't been said already, obviously you'll get the little knks ironed out that come with age, but truly GTR2 was brillliant, apart from some arcadey graphics.

As for saftey cars.. I'd like to see instead of just smashing wheels and benders off, I'd like to see literal flat spots and punctures, but that'd be my only suggestion and I don't know how you could impliment the need for a saftey car when players who are wrecked can just esc out, but I honestly like the idea.

In short: GTR3 will kick serious rear bumper :p.
if the player doesn't ESC out within 20secs then safety car? It would be good say for a multiplayer race for a human to be the safety car, which the race director/server admin could call out at will.

This is a little off topic, but a GT Legends 2 would be nice, so why not conatain a few historic classes in GTR3?

eg, you could have small classes (3-4 cars each) of GTC and TC for '60s, '70s and maybe '80s aswell.

(P.S. Sorry if this has been asked already but I got myself a self-bought $10 Xmas Present that should arrive this week or next week so I am totally absorbed in the topic of GTL and have even already started downloading mods:D)

Interesting ideas by a lot of people. The saftey car idea does jump out at me, though. I mean, initially it sounds like a great idea, but then it wouldn't be long before we have a bunch of "crash gates" once you get to the more serious levels of sim-racing. In real life, crashing on purpose can get you killed. On a video game, there is no risk involved so you would see it a lot, I think.

First and foremost: a decent banning system. That will take care most of the problems: Destruction Derby at 1st corner. No physic motor enhancement or AI improvement is more essential than this.

One way to resolve this is the most feared reputation system which is bound to be flawed and at the end, useless. My solution: ban the #¤%%&s forever. Let them buy a new account/game, which ever it may be.

PS: No, i didn't just jump out of public server and vent my anger. I actually made PB at Nords, so i'm very, very happy.

there would need to be a reporting feature of some sort that collected ban requests first, as you could have people getting banned by 14 year old retards running servers just to ban people...

Brian, I have an iR account, and I'm not stating that GTR3 or any other sim will kill iR, but the fact remains that many still would not pay for "parts" of a sim when they can pay once (and cheaper) for a product that runs many many cars and tracks (and maybe mods too)...

um price for one thing... The ability to host a server and no cost...

People forget that hosting ISI game events on a dedicated server cost money too :) Actually one hosted race in iracing is cheaper than a race we host here at RD on a dedicated server (monthly costs devided by the amount of events per month). For the comparison I left out the monthly subscription and paid content of iRacing of course.

Brian, I have an iR account, and I'm not stating that GTR3 or any other sim will kill iR, but the fact remains that many still would not pay for "parts" of a sim when they can pay once (and cheaper) for a product that runs many many cars and tracks (and maybe mods too)...

Yes, I use to be one of those people who struggled with getting past the cost....but in terms of entertainment value and convenience it's hard to argue with the cost in the end. And my other driving games are sitting there ready to use if I get the itch. There's room for them all to co-exist.

If they are going to bring GTR3 out they need to get the tyre wear and crash damage modelling right, and give us tyre choices not just slicks and wets. The weather that GTR1 had along with the car physics was IMHO 2nd to none. It will take alot of work to make the tyres work properly like they did in GTR1 but if Simbin are going to take this sim seriously and not just slap a game together like they did with Evo then they need to put in the work. I only race Evo because there is nothing else out there other than rFactor (which is no longer on my HDD). I loved racing GTR1 and if they can combine the weather and car physics from that and the generally bug free running of Evo then they should have a winner. Also, the sim HAS to be based on the FIA GT series.

Also, the sim HAS to be based on the FIA GT series.
Very unlikely that will happen seeing that the GT1 and GT3 content is already in NFS Shift 2. Don't think EA has an exclusive license though but what is the use of competing against Need for Speed?

There are many other GT series out there that can justify the "GT Racing Game" name. We interpreted the Simbin announcement as being GTR3 but to be honest that name hasn't been confirmed at this stage.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back