Racer forum back (merged)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As it is taking so much time again to have the official forum back, here is a new one Racers. If you guys need anything please drop it in this thread.

edit: have sent an email to Ruud what he would like to do

• davidiau

Is there any way of categorising the downloads for each subsection, maybe sub-sub-sections for cars for Sports, Stock, Offroad etc. or maybe a selector like the threads have for wip/released?

Betas can be released and updated (in the same 'thread') in the downloads section.

Unless the section becomes very big I would doubt we will be providing subsections for now unless Ruud specifically asks Bram to do so.

RD is supported via voluntary donations - haven't the foggiest where the link to donate has gone in the new forum :/

Eventually we will be back to the system where a new upload will create a thread in the relevant forum. Please be patient, we have just moved forum versions to vBulletin 4.0, are one of the first decent size forums to do so and it has been a BIG change. Everything will be back to the normal slick motion soon. Christmas, New Year and our admin's new job have got in the way :)

• davidiau

I think we need a screenshots/videos subsection posthaste, these screenies threads multiply like rabbits. I dunno what the title should be exaclty, but something that indicates screenshot stills & videos.

As much as I love the screenshots, they take up a lot of space and bandwidth for our gracious forum hosts. If I post any screenshots, I will "make 'em count" so to speak, and upload the image files to Image Shack, rather than directly to the forum. It'd be good, for the benefit of Race Department, if others did the same.

As much as I love the screenshots, they take up a lot of space and bandwidth for our gracious forum hosts. If I post any screenshots, I will \\"make 'em count\\" so to speak, and upload the image files to Image Shack, rather than directly to the forum. It'd be good, for the benefit of Race Department, if others did the same.

I agree! We need a problems/fixes thread so much more so that Ruud can see the problems we run into that give us fits and then he can work on making Racer so much better for all of us in the Racer community.

Like the bug I ran into a couple of days ago, the surfaces /road noise in special.ini no longer works!

As much as I love the screenshots, they take up a lot of space and bandwidth for our gracious forum hosts. If I post any screenshots, I will \"make 'em count\" so to speak, and upload the image files to Image Shack, rather than directly to the forum. It'd be good, for the benefit of Race Department, if others did the same.

In the days of free hosting from the likes of Photobucket etc, I'm surprised RSC carried on allowing hosting of data + posts, and I don't expect it from a forum, and wouldn't expect it here if it allows Race Department to keep going strongly!

It was a shame RSC went down, I'd been putting in £10-20 a month since they came back, they had been excellent, but clearly something was amiss there and sapping £££...

I think moving forward Ruud would do well to have a skeleton forum at racer.nl, that is a solid fall back where the most important kind of forum stuff goes (release threads and bugs/faq's, pacejka (alpines data kind thing) and the like mainly)...
That said actually, has all that lot been lost? I hope it's dug up again as there were some really handy posts on there!

Not wanting to preach to those who run Race Department, but if image hosting causes you grief and adds to your costs having us here, then please feel free to not offer it to us :)

Dave

• captain_70s

Shame to so the old RSC forums gone, but I guess things don't last forever.

Very nice to be given a place here of course.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back