rF2 Thursday August 13th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Nordschleife

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, braked bit earlier than normally because wasn't on optimal raceline and didn't want to end up outside of that GT1 car in that corner with cold tyres and full load of fuel. Plan was to go nicely through that corner and use power on next straight which is much safer.

It was Aritan's car which flew to us in T1 but he didn't have chance to do anything.

like i said mate i can only apologise.. i dont do things like that inentionaly.. i race in the top class league in formula sim racing... etc my credentials speak for me.. i hope that can prove that i was simply caught out.. its the first time i done endurance racing.. i just did not expect you to brake so early :(

Downloaded the mod about 20 mins before qualifying qualified P4 after a poor lap..

i spun 2 times on both laps should have had pole..

race.. got a good start.. was aiming for p3 - p4 into turn 1 when someone lost control and took about 3 cars out.. i carried on and hit someone in next turn due to them braking early and me being caught out.. sorry..

then settled down and worked my way up the list.. was p4 behind top 3.. then 1st spun so i was p3 then p2 then p1.. in final stop i decided to not change tyres in a bid to win the race.. it nearly worked but someone in a porsche ruined it as they were on the racing line with a smashed up car doing 5mph.. at fastest part of tracl causing me to spin

it realy was a survival race out there.. but so much fun..

foht i think his name was was unlucky as he thought he had won.. but i carried on till i saw the chequered flag and won :D

Realy enjoyed that, thanks for letting me race i loved every second of it.. apologies to the guy i hit on lap 1.. just one of those things will not happen again..

cheers, lee

LMP1:

That was hard work to see the finish LOL

Had some realy scary moments :scared:

P3 in qualy. Then short time p1 in race until I lost it in the dark... p4 and I don't know how but I was still alive when the sun was rising :wink2: on p4. Pit stops worked good :good:. Than the leaders with some problems suddenly I was on P2 1 lap to go 14secs behind Lee :woop:

I pushed and pushed, came closer and closer and than baaammm in the wall :woot2: ... back on track and pushed and pushed LOOOOL Lee with some problems I think car broke or not enogh fuel ? So I came close to 1secs in finish behind him :) :handshake:

so happy to saw the finish :) car with some damage but still driving straight :rofl:

here are the stats: -->klick me<--

LMP1:

That was hard work to see the finish LOL

Had some realy scary moments :scared:

P3 in qualy. Then short time p1 in race until I lost it in the dark... p4 and I don't know how but I was still alive when the sun was rising :wink2: on p4. Pit stops worked good :good:. Than the leaders with some problems suddenly I was on P2 1 lap to go 14secs behind Lee :woop:

I pushed and pushed, came closer and closer and than baaammm in the wall :woot2: ... back on track and pushed and pushed LOOOOL Lee with some problems I think car broke or not enogh fuel ? So I came close to 1secs in finish behind him :) :handshake:

so happy to saw the finish :) car with some damage but still driving straight :rofl:

here are the stats: -->klick me<--

hehe everything was good, car was fine BUT

cause i didnt change tyres in final stop my rear tyres had half a bar left lol.. so i had no rear grip !! so i tried to manage the gap to you !

As soon as it went green I had cars disappearing and re-appearing, I only recall hitting the red prototype as it reappered in front of me into the braking zone. Sorry about that Aritan, the start was just un-manageable it seems for my PC. It wasn't a case of being more careful, it was just a PC thing.
No worries, dude. It's just that the start is such an usual thing... We do it every race!!! :) And always there is someone that dont brake carefully in T1. I know that was not your case now, but at the time I was so pissed off... When I posted I just wanted to give names and call everyone for some more responsibility... :) Since it was your PC, no need to apologise... :)

And to Aritan -> No need to be sorry ;)
:)

It was Aritan's car which flew to us in T1 but he didn't have chance to do anything.
Yes, that was me. :neutral: Better luck for us next time... :victory:

I appreciate your candour on the matter Aritan. I can well understand your frustration and whether it is required or not, I am still sorry for putting a dampener on your race and a few others that got caught up in it besides. Having organised a race series or two I am always trying to set an example in terms of race behaviour and especially at the start.

I seemed to have problems with this track from the very start. In practice I was getting flashing shadows in the pit lane and start/finish straight. The writing and markings on the Nordschliefe part of the track were also appearing and disappearing throughout the evening, did anyone else get this? Also did anyone else have cars disappearing and reappearing during the run into turn 1?

I am wondering if the max visible cars setting may have had something to do with it although I saw no similar problems at Vitus, but then I was nearer the front at the start. I've been in my .plr and now upped the figure to 50 just in case.

As far as the race was concerned I was totally unprepared for this one, I really should have run some laps the day before and I was on the back foot from the minute I entered the server. The graphics problems weren't helping and neither was my familiarity with this version of the Mother. I have to agree with earlier comments from Bram about it feeling a little weird compared to other platform/versions. The distances didn't seem right between corners and the flow seemed to have been ruined. Perhaps it was just me and one of those days but it just didn't feel right. I hope we steer clear of this track for the league, for a start the sheer scale and difficulty may detract from the racing.

My start was good, managed to move 8->4 but in turn 1 got hit from someone. But still i was going 4th place, blue p1 was chasing me. One corner in second sector he could have been hit me and i was off the track and hit the wall, my car was totally wrecked :/

Real sorry I missed this race guys, I have only just got my PC running in a fashion. MY PSU decided to fail mid race on monday and ive only just found this spare PSU in my cellar. Its not powerfull enough but it boots me PC up :(

• Sean Edwards

but a GT1 was 7 minutes faster than you in lmp2 :p

He should move down a couple of classes to learn first lol..

Good race here, P1 in GT1 and P3 overall! Night time was hard. Nice not having to be lapped by P1/P2 cars, but I did have to overtake some LOL!

• Andrew Evans

^^^ was just about to post the same....

no-one is going to get far or last long at rd with that kind of attitude... srsly...

I ran into a little bit of impatience from someone in free practice (well before 19:00 GMT) last night. Having spun a third of the way round the Nordschliefe section and trying to recover, someone came around the corner and we had a collision.

He's then on the chat box telling me I should have pressed esc. I understand it may well have ruined a flying lap for that driver but I can't see why I should have to abandon a recce lap because of a spin, these things happen. For a start it was well before the official start time and there was no need to be telling anyone what they should be pressing. Some of these guys are new to RD and should consider that as a club event it isn't that serious.

I was under the impression these Enduracer Endurance series mod races were for the purpose of testing the mod and prospective tracks out prior to the league. And as such are not entirely about winning, am I wrong?

I ran into a little bit of impatience from someone in free practice (well before 19:00 GMT) last night. Having spun a third of the way round the Nordschliefe section and trying to recover, someone came around the corner and we had a collision.

He's then on the chat box telling me I should have pressed esc. I understand it may well have ruined a flying lap for that driver but I can't see why I should have to abandon a recce lap because of a spin, these things happen. For a start it was well before the official start time and there was no need to be telling anyone what they should be pressing. Some of these guys are new to RD and should consider that as a club event it isn't that serious.

I was under the impression these Enduracer Endurance series mod races were for the purpose of testing the mod and prospective tracks out prior to the league. And as such are not entirely about winning, am I wrong?
I agree with you Richard.
Some of the newcomers here on RD just don't seem to understand that the races are about FUN, not about winning or who is the fastest.

Guys a small reminder of the racing rules (also posting rules) @ RD:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/step-3-myrd/

Only thing you need to do is read those 3 threads posted inside the MyRD forum thats all.

Report incidents the right way, and read the racing rules and we can have unlimited fun for both drivers and organisation.

Every driving complaint posted in this thread will not be taken in account. If you think somebody did you wrong: report it properly and we will take a look at it as race directors

Very sorry I didn't turn up for this at all, was really looking forward to it and had had some productive practice. Unfortunately a pressing personal issue came up and I had to miss out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%