RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Thomas Jensen

Name on RD forum: Thomas Jensen
Name in game: Thomas Jensen
Control:G25
Car: Seat Leon
Special remarks: can I join g2? take the P7 spot on the entry lidt ? Plzzz

My freinds Christian Sørensen & Bo Sørensen is also Joining :)

Then i guess server 1 for all of us :)

Quali:
2nd position far behind henrik.

race 1:
Had a strange problem. It said that I was in last position when I was not.
Nobody saw my car, and my car was destroyed. Had to repair it.
I think connection problems caused all this.
Anyway, I finished in 12th place.

Race 2:
Much better then 1st race.
After 1st corner I was already in 6th place.
After that had some luck, because others got stop and go, and at the middle of the race I was in 2nd place behind Atti.
I came closer and after 2 laps I passed him.
After that he made a mistake, so I had a big gap.
THen I just drove on a normal pace to the finish, ending in 1st place.

Thanks to everyone for racing!

Nice fun battles, sometimes with others too but mainly with myself and the happy tail of the GTA. :)

Qualy: 3rd with 1:59.7, felt i could have gone bit faster but no chance to get Henrik on pole with some crazy 1:58... lol

Race 1: got to 2nd at the start, since pro-drifter disappeared, sry for that m8 (btw, what is your real name, dont u want to change it? would be easier to call you Karl or Tom or Joe... lol) Henrik flied away on 1st, from behind great pressure form Ben and Robert, they passed me, we were training a lot 3 of us, i made twice mistake, off track, then get back again to them, remained behind. Robert on last lap instead of finish line was choosing the pit-lane, SnG penalty... so 3rd at the end.

Race 2: hm, that was eventful again. Got a good start, almost too good, still on the grid reached the back of Jari-s french wonder car lol, slowed it down the acceleration, sry Jari. Got away in 6th i think, nice battles midfield, gaining a plce or two, then suddenly i got to 2nd, as the leading pack from 2-4 got off the track...? Same lap i foudn myself on 1st, as Henrik also disappeared from the front to the pits, i guess SnG...?
So, still 6 laps to go, leading with the little fella 06 GTA (loooool), but from behind pro-drifter came with some significatn speed difference, could hold him back fro 2 laps or so, then on accelerating out from the hairpin he power dragstered my little beauty italian wonder. Tried to keep up with him, of course i could not, pushed too hard, out of track bang to the wall, car half wrecked.... lol
Back to 4th behind Gizmo and Jari, at the end got ahead of them to 2nd.

Too bad at the end of the race only 9 (!!!!) driver remained...

Anyhow, it was nice fun again, thanks for the races guys.

Race Report:
Qually:
12th with 2:02:1 happy enough with not favourite car and never raced here in WTCC.

Race1:
Started well and was 6th half way round the track with most of the RD Grid me :bike:. But overshot Rivazza and fell down to 12th. Then had a good scrap with Oliver Amos and MarcWright and James Yeates until the enividible happened. Stop and Go penalties. I had one the same time as Oliver so I still had company....Till I had 4 more. I dont understand the such persnickity rules of cutting they have in Imola but it cost me and some of the field a good race upfront. So ended up in the garage watching the battle for 2nd (Which was great!)

Race2:
Started 15th and got a good start (In a Leon???????) and was soon up to 7th and in between Atti and Jari :)ambulance:) and felt the heat and made a mistake again in the Rivazza letting Jari pass so was down to 8th. Then Crazydoc and David Lemon very closing and Crazydoc found a pass at the chicane and was though. I battled with him for about 5laps and with other people leaving or having a stop an go or in Tobias's case spinning :) soon found ourselves battling for 5th. Then Henrik Horvath (Who had a stop and go and was lighing up the field with his pace)Caught us and passed me reasonably simple but it took him a lap and a good fight to pass Crazydoc for 5th. Then I had my stop and go for a simple going wide out of Aoque Minerli. Then got another cheaply too. So on Lap12 I needed to try and find some pace to pass Keith who was 4seconds ahead of me put I soon did coming through the chicane.So finished a disappointing 7th

Summary:
My first of I hope many FD races. Shame about the strict rules and the amount of people leaving but I hope next one will hopefully be better! :homer:
Thnx to the organizers and thnx for the great battles and grazt to Henrik and Pro_Drifter_100 for the wins

Group 2

Thanks for a good race! :thumb:

I qualified in to 7th, with a 2:01.8xx - I know that I can push a 1:59 in TA mode so I was pretty happy with 7th place.

Race 1: At the green flag someone ahead of me didn't get off the line so I were held up and lost a few places :( A bit of the usual carnage on Lap 1 soon made me regain the lost positions. Had some great fighting with Tepa, pretty much clean and fair racing despite the odd tap here and there. I'm sorry if I hit you Tepa :party0012:

Race 2: Again a bit of mess going in to T1, lots of white smoke and dust - I could hardly see the track in front of me :character00182: Navigated through most of the crashes and headed down the straight in a pack of cars. Going on to the hairpin way to fast and with cold brakes isn't recommended as I soon discovered :character0047: I rejoined the track in 14th position and dead last. But, as I had the speed I were soon up to 8th and had some fighting with Theo. Thank you for a nice and honest fight Theo! :thumb: From there on I just had to keep the car on the track and up to pace with the leaders, I gained a few places because of other peoples misfortune. I ended in P5.

Thank you all, and see you at the next event!
:bigarmhug:
Kind regards,
Karl

Group 1

Quali: well happy with my 2:4.8xx after only hittin a 2:5.8xx in practice tyres nice and warm, clear track and the car felt fine. only thing was never got chance to better it due to traffic - hey ho, probably ended up in the right spot... 21 from 22.

Race 1. good start and got in about the other 2:4 drivers thought things going okay. gave kurbs respect. first stop and go as fuel got light and tyres got worn... shame it thought i was cutting when clearly pointing the wrong direction is a ploughed thru the apex. ended up as last runner with a few cars in the pits waiting for race 2.

Race 2. another good start in my book (starting to get better at this!!!) got myself up 4-5 places. then just before the chicane ahead of tosa lost back end (risked dropping another element of wing before race and cold tyres caught me out). pulled away back of the pack. then my race started and is coined by Akon in his lyrics "Lonely... I'm Mr Lonely". I plodded around at the back of the grid just learning how to not oversteer and scrub me tyres. Ross caught me on last lap after his incident, but seeing i had just picked up my first stop and go on the last lap for this circuit moved over and let him past so i could follow and watch faster driver lines thru v. alta. a corner i struggled with most of the night.

Overall only dissappointed with tonight from the amount of finishers - not a normal FD night but circuit may have a lot to explain for this. apart from the strict nature of the circuit its a nice fast flowing drive - shame its not on the F1 calendar any more.

big thanks to organisers as normal though! :thumb:

• Jani Kuhno

Group 2

Quali:
in practice I got a nice 2.02.999 but in quali I just couldn't go as fast and so I was 11th with a time of 2.04.122

Race1:
My first ever online race in Race 07, so I was really nervous.
I got a fairly good start and passed one car in the start. On T1 people were spinning all over. I went wide and dropped to 13th place. In T5 one car spun so I went a place up there and in T6 the 3 cars in front of me crashed so I went pass them as well. At this point I was 8th. After this I passed people who had spun out or went to the pits (SnGs I guess) and it was a relaxed drive for about 6 laps with Jamie Wilson, the other Alfa driver besides me, in front of me and Mtommi Tam behind me in a Honda. On lap 5 Jamie went to the pits (fuel, SnG I dunno?) so I was now in 5th position. Well my 5th position didn't last long when on lap 6 in T12 I went wide which resulted in Mtommi thanking me and going pass me :D
So I was driving in 6th position until lap 9 when one of the lead cars went to the pits and so I got back to 5th place. At this point I thought that because my tyres were completely worn out, I would just drive my Alfa to the finish at 5th place. But to my fortune and Mtommis misfortune he made a mistake on the final lap in turn 2 so I went pass him and stayed in fron of him (barely) till the finish line.
All in all an excellent race from my point of view and I was more than happy with my 4th place.

Race2:
Again a fairly good start lost one position but no biggy. In turn 1 disaster strikes as my antivirus software (avast antivirus) decides to update its virus database. This resulted in my fps dropping to 1-5 and so I hit the car in front of me which was broxmans (so sorry!) and as I tried to steer out of the race track I hit Karl Westmans car (also so sorry!). After this I was last untill T6 where Karl Westman had went wide. Westman eventually went past me but in T6 Mtommi had spun out so I regained my 13th position. On lap 3 I once again hit broxmans car due to missing my braking point, which spun us both out (again so sorry!). After this not much happened. I drove behind broxman till the finish and in the I was 8th.

Really nice races both. Had lots of fun. Sorry to all those who I hit.
See you in the next FD :drive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back