Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Lol what version of the game you have? hehe
Its on Challenges/HotLap
ScreenShot039_zpsfa4479f2.jpg

please help me on 2 things?
I have motion blur set high and hdr on...i want the best graphics available on my cpu
is this correct or should i turn hdr off and motion blur off? I don't really know what they do? I thought HDr was like HD?

Also, on the braking setting graph, the graph is default 2.40 (think its called the brake delta or something). the wheels lock up when i slowly compress pedal to about 80 per cent. i use a g27 wheel.

can anyone recommend a good in game brake setting?

THanks!
bump

Andrew Ford
I have motion blur set high and hdr on…i want the best graphics available on my cpu
is this correct or should i turn hdr off and motion blur off?

HDR and Motion Blur are Post Processing effects and have nothing to do with your CPU, it's on your GPU or iGPU or APU or whatever

Andrew Ford
I have motion blur set high and hdr on…i want the best graphics available on my cpu

HDR and Motion Blur are Post Processing effects and have nothing to do with your CPU, it's on your GPU or iGPU or APU or whatever
so in english?lol
sorry but i don't understand too much technical sttuff?

is hdr to do with brightenning colours and motion blur does....?

Anyone able to run AC in CrossFire? I have only have a few laps in since installing and so far the performance seems very good even on only one HD7850, but it would be nice to take advantage of my other HD7850. I am using MSI Afterburner to monitor.

Just a guess, but I reckon it's the same as "full screen" vs "a borderless window covering the entire screen". The latter makes things like alt-tabbing out of the game much faster for instance, but also has a performance hit. Dunno the fine details more than that, hopefully someone can come along with a better answer.

Andrew Ford

Here is what I did to achieve good graphics (for NVIDIA GPU's):

In-game settings:

1- Turn off HDR and Motion Blur (both options are causing that blurry aspect);
2- Set Anisostropic Filtering to 2x (it's VERY resource intensive on this game, don't know why);
3- Set Shadows to High and AA to 4x;
4- Turn off Vertical Sync (use NVIDIA Inspector's one instead);
5- Turn off "Lock Onboard Camera to Horizon";
6- Set Cubemap Resolution to Low (very resource intensive) and Faces per Frame to 6 (for real-time car reflections);

NVIDIA Inspector:

1- Create a profile for Assetto Corsa (add both acs.exe and acShowroom.exe);
2- Set AA Transparency Supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling (say goodbye to jaggies and ugly shadows);
3- Set Vertical Sync Tear Control to Adaptive or On (optional).

Results: 60 FPS all the time (except during Monza replays).

My configuration: i5 2300, 4GB, SSD and GTX 660Ti.

Screenshots:

1wza.png

7bka.png

xpqs.png

ksy6.png

8nz7.png

Last edited:
I have to say, this game is great but it has some issues.

1. The sound of the cars is disappointing. No grunt whatsoever. The Ferrari is the worst. Instead of beautiful Italian NA V8 i hear a synthetised random engine sound.

2. Some cars have to much grip. The Lotus 49 is waaay to planted and i'm doing my best but i can't make the Z4 to lose grip at all. Same for the GT2 M3, 2nd gear and pedal to the floor, it doesn't move by an inch. (i turned TC OFF with ctrl+t)
This can't be right, even if lap times are correct. Please think of something.

3. Game is too bright sometimes, and there is to much aliasing, even with 4xAA. (ugh, THANKS ANDRE)

I hope Kunos takes this in consideration, because this game is the future of simracing.

Last edited:
It seems that everytime i try to drift with the Z4, "EDM" gets in the way. What is it and how do i turn it off ?

Apparently the GT2 BMW is very planted in real life.

I have no issues getting the Z4 sideways, but i agree the sounds are very poor. The rest is amazing.
It may be, but those are professional pilots that make it look easy. Plus i can't do it even if i try.

What about the Lotus 49 ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years