Stock Car Extreme Setups

I have a car setup for GSC2012 Londrina that works well, but it was still a work in progress.

I just bought GSC2013 and created a new setup using the same settings from my old GSC2012 setup and plan to continue tweaking it.

I just tried a few qualify laps in GSC2012 and got a 1.11.921 on lap 2 with no driving aids.
Now I am going to test the same setup in GSC2013 and continue tweaking it.

Last edited:
I got a 1:11.486 qualify time with a full tank of gas on lap 2.

I just tried racing with 1 other car on 95% difficulty and passed him right away, on lap 3 I was way ahead of him and got a 1.11.262.

profile_001.jpg

I'm going to continue working on the setup and try to get a time in the 1.10's. I have not tried any other tracks or cars yet since I bought the game, which is obvious from the picture above, lol. I want to get Londrina squared away first before I move on to anything else. I don't know why it says that I have driven 521 laps when I definitely have not driven that many laps of Londrina yet in GSC2013. Sometimes I drive less than half a lap and quit back to the pit to make some changes to my car, so maybe it is counting that as full laps.

Last edited:
I got a 1.10.858 today and I drove the lap badly. So now I am going to focus on bringing my time down into the 1.09's, which I think should be very possible.

After making some very helpful changes to my car, I am now getting much better times, but I still want to keep testing and tweaking until I get everything working perfectly. So far I am about 90% there.

Last edited:
I was getting 1.39's on this track, then I installed your setup Keith and got a low 1.37 right away. I changed only the brake bias a little and the steering lock. After many laps I tried lowering the wing to 3, since that is what I am most used to. I can now slide around turns and hit curbs happily without spinning out ever. Not only is this setup improving my lap time, but I now have a tremendous amount of control over the car too. Yeah, the 3 wing slides a lot, but once you learn how to slide the car well, you can pretty much get the car to do whatever you want it to.

I purposely drift the car on 3 turns and it helps me retain a higher speed. If I begin to lose control, I can recover very easily, which is the best part about it. I can also give it gas early coming out of a turn without spinning around - and if it begins to spin, again - I can recover easily. The 3 wing also handles all of the curbs without any problems - it's probably what I like most about driving the car. The 3 wing loves grass too, lol.

I was just on a server and I drove over the last high curb before the long straight-away and a guy drafting me made the mistake of following me over the same curb. He spun out badly and took out 3 other cars behind him. I knew before I approached the curb that he would follow me over it and wipe out. It was pretty funny. Normally I avoid that curb, but I couldn't resist setting the trap.

Last edited:
For those drivers involved with VSCC2, if your old car setups are not appearing, it's because the first line in your setup file reads as:

VehicleClassSetting="StockV8"

In order for your old car setups to appear for VSCC2, the first line in the car setup file would need to read as:

VehicleClassSetting="StockV8 VSCC2"

Last edited:
I got a 1.10.858 today and I drove the lap badly. So now I am going to focus on bringing my time down into the 1.09's, which I think should be very possible.

After making some very helpful changes to my car, I am now getting much better times, but I still want to keep testing and tweaking until I get everything working perfectly. So far I am about 90% there.

You can always share your setup(if that is your thing) and get feedback and opinions from other racers

And nice times ;)

Everything about my Londrina car setup is the opposite of what most drivers are used to, starting with a 2 wing, full power and weak breaks. This car setup allows me to purposely drift the car on many turns and tap the handbrake to cut tighter turns. The car will not spin out easily and it offers great recovery on the rare occasion that the car might fishtail. This setup allows me to drive over curbs and put 2 tires in the grass with no worries at all.

I use a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel because I prefer a tiny steering wheel. I use the default 200 degree steering setting with a 40% centering spring and no force feedback. In the game, I use a 33 degree steering lock and in Options/Controls/Garage3 I set my steering X Axis sensitivity to 35% and use a steering deadzone of a 3%. I set my RZ Axis brake pedal sensitivity from default 50% to 90%, but it still feels weak because of my 72.0:28.0 brake bias setting. My car steers very sharp, but this car setup allows me to do so, and give extra gas through turns, without ever spinning out.

I know very little about adjusting car setups. This car setup was created based on a lot of trial & error experimentation. It is still a work in progress. If anybody would like to offer their assistance in trying to help me improve this setup further, it would be greatly appreciated.

Changing the 72.0:28.0 brake bias to allow harder braking may cause the car to spin out easy when taking the downhill chicane after the pit exit. With a 72.0:28.0 setting, you will have no more worries of spinning out in that location. Just remember to brake very hard before you start to downshift. You can also set the coast setting higher to allow heavier down shifting without it acting like a brake and causing you to spin out.

I recorded this video today. On my first lap I got a 1.10.739, which isn't too bad considering my tires were cold and I obviously drove the lap badly. I tried drifting the car on one turn to demonstrate it's easy drifting abilities and excellent spin control. I am not a good driver. If I use the default setup I spin out a lot and I get terrible laps times. This setup allows me to get great laps times and I never spin out ever. I have recently gotten plenty of 1.09's with this setup. I recently got a 1.08 during a race with Ai on 112% difficulty. Anyway, ride at your own risk, but remember, this setup is designed to take risks, so don't be afraid of driving sloppy and riding on curbs or giving it a little extra gas when exiting a turn. ;)

Change your the steering lock according to the type of wheel you use.

Download: Fergus O'Daly Londrina Car Setup

Last edited:
hi guys, new to the forum and really enjoy reading other peoples guides and setups, one question tho, i have a g27 and am having trouble setting the clutch how i want it, happy with my FFB settings and steering however the clutch engages really early (low in the peddle) i have tried changing the s1 and s0 sensitivity and dead zones but it doesn't seem to change the friction point, trying to make it higher, any ideas ?? I will keep searching to see if there are any threads about this already

1.10.500 Lap 2

Same car setup as above, different paint job. I accidentally cut too deep into one corner and went airborne and had a rough landing, but the car handled it extremely well. It's not my best time for this track, I usually get better lap times when I am not recording, which is usually when I am not not even trying to get a good lap time. I think the key to getting a good lap time is to not think about it or try too hard.

In this video my brake pedal is using a 50% deadzone because my brake pedal has been acting weird the past few months and refuses to act properly in this game. Anything less than a 50% deadzone and the brake pedal shows as being pressed when I am not touching it. Recalibrating my controller seems to fix the problem, but then the problem reoccurs after about 5 minutes. Strangely this problem does not occur when I play other driving games, so I don't think the controller is the problem, but the problem has been getting worse with each passing month. I will be purchasing a new controller soon to remedy the problem once it becomes unmanageable. I wanted to post this video just to show that even with a 50% deadzone applied to my brake pedal, the car still drives great :)

Last edited:
Yes, setup tips for GSC13 would be very much appreciated. I've just been driving the V8 stocks around Interlagos and I find them very oversteery round the tight turns. Am I simply being too heavy with my right foot? All assists are off.

Also, do the setups for GSC12 work in GSC13?

Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years