GRID 2 Modding Questions

Hello, nice to see work on a camera mod has begun. I don't know if this will help, but here is a camera mod for the first GRID that enabled 32 different camera angles:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ixxnyk2bua79wa/Grid_Modders_Camera's+V1.2.rar
The cameras.xml files for both 1 and 2 look pretty similar.

My favorite camera angle was one of the ones set way high up, so it was like playing micromachines lol. Here's a screen, this is what I'd like to see in GRID 2:

Oym71.jpg

Adding your mod to the resource manager

To upload a mod, skin or other custom work you made, follow these steps:

1. Go to the GRID 2 Resources section
2. On the left hand side under ''GRID 2'', select the subcategory that applies to your mod. These can be:
  • Skins - custom made car liveries and paints
  • Cameras - modifications to in-game viewpoints
  • Modpacks - a collection of different modifications
  • Misc - mods or addons that don't fall within any of the previously named subcategories
  • Utilities - tools, tutorials, templates and more
3. Once you have selected your subcategory, click the ''Add Resource'' button which just appeared
4. Fill out the form as clearly and fully as possible

Guidelines
  • Don't create a new resource when you want to upload a new version. Instead, edit your existing mod and change the version number. Adding a changelog to your description is always handy.
  • Test your mod thoroughly before sharing it with the public.
  • Include important notes into your description, such as known issues and online compatibility.
  • Always try to include screenshots of your mod
  • Leave credits and thanks to the right people.
Happy modding! :)

I made a couple of changes, this interior already looks a bit better, but it looks like we will need somebody who can create some high res interior textures

interiorg.jpg

Ok I can now confirm that the old camera mod works with GRID 2. If anyone wants to use it, choose a cameras.xml file out of the mod I posted above and copy/paste it into each car models folder, replacing the original. (I used the Lamborghini one, in folder 'Lam' in the mod files) MAKE SURE TO CREATE A BACK UP OF ALL YOUR CAR/MODEL FOLDERS FIRST!!!

Only track the high up camera angle has caused problems with so far is Chicago, because of the incredibly long train bridge above part of the track.

GVqSnGI.jpg

uQnhNNs.jpg

JMwsQe0.jpg

F9Z85gF.jpg

dzLep2f.jpg

5KeYMst.jpg

I made a couple of changes, this interior already looks a bit better, but it looks like we will need somebody who can create some high res interior textures

interiorg.jpg

this is a start
if you ask me, i would put camera little more down and add fov to have better sense of speed
i did not play the game yet to see how is the sense of speed in it

The textures can be increased in resolution, but won't changing the actual cockpit model (the steering wheel for instance) cause problems with online compatibility? That's what I'm wondering about

The textures can be increased in resolution, but won't changing the actual cockpit model (the steering wheel for instance) cause problems with online compatibility? That's what I'm wondering about

Yep I can't do anything about the lower poly count on the model itself, but the textures might go someway to helping with the overall view.

I would imagine if tinkering with camera files on other titles have caused problems in the past regarding online play, (I don't know personally) then I would think it would surely be the same here.

Not been around for a while.... but just got Grid 2 and found this thread... here is my progress so far .... found the Mod request thread first, so this work is in parallel to others it seems :)

Early days and only 15mins on it so far, but it looks like there is no hi-res renders for the interiors in <drive letter>:\Steam\SteamApps\common\grid 2\cars\interiors\models

Shame... but you can get rid of the blurriness easily if you like polygons... :)

Same here: I set the interieur to high res to "true" in the cameras.xml, but we need someone who can improve the textures. The mirrors seem to be working for the enviroment, but not for the cars on track:

Looks great, Hoihman! Loving the camera position, it's perfect. To be honest, I'd have no problems driving it like that, I mean when you're focussing on track you don't notice the low-res cockpit model. Any graphical upgrade would be appreciated but I'd take it as it is already ;)

Hatta Thanks for dropping by on the RD forums, we really appreciate it! It's nice to see you are involved with the community like this. Who knows you will come across some great suggestions or much wanted features from the people here for future updates to GRID 2 :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%