Stock Car Extreme Setups

When you see some simracers in a brake zone they often use more than 15% but also in a 'on/off/on/off' type of way for some reason. If you have to use throttle to balance the car, your brake bias is too far rearward.

Brake bias got nothing to do with this, weight transfer has.

I've seen a lot of recent real telemetry data from GP2, GP3 and F3 and there is no use of brake and throttle at the same time in any of those laps. One of these drivers is now in F1, one is a F3 champion, its just not done in real racing by guys much better than we'll ever be. Even if there is an exception to the rule, that doesn't mean its 'better' or that you should try that in simracing. I believe you have a better chance of becoming a better driver by keeping it simple.

Well, the 7 times F1 world champion may disagree with you there. The reason you don't see much of throttle use in open wheelers is due to fact that they have very little suspension movement = the effect is much weaker. I suggest looking up at tin tops telemetry.
There is some more info on the subject of simultaneous use of brake and throttle :
http://www.driftingstreet.com/braking-technique-left-foot.html

What may have worked for Schumi is unlikely to work for you.. ;-)

It does work for me and countless other sim-racers i know :)

BTW: i,m not a Schumi fan but i do respect him, he isn't 7 times world champion by accident, is he? :D

Brake bias got nothing to do with this, weight transfer has.

Well, the 7 times F1 world champion may disagree with you there. The reason you don't see much of throttle use in open wheelers is due to fact that they have very little suspension movement = the effect is much weaker. I suggest looking up at tin tops telemetry.
There is some more info on the subject of simultaneous use of brake and throttle :
http://www.driftingstreet.com/braking-technique-left-foot.html

It does work for me and countless other sim-racers i know :)

BTW: i,m not a Schumi fan but i do respect him, he isn't 7 times world champion by accident, is he? :D

I really don't see what suspension movement or weight transfer has to do with it. With a rear wheel drive car, adding throttle while braking moves the effective brake bias forward.

In Simracing this has often been taken to an extreme. In GPL you could set the brake bias to something silly like 48% front, meaning the front tires where physically unable to lock up almost. Then to stop the rears from locking you add throttle. That is quite silly!

It seems to have remained the 'secret style' in one form or another in simracing since then but I don't think you can do a statistically relevant research on the effects. I feel it is mostly a habbit making simracers feel they are faster and better but they could be just as fast operating one pedal at a time. That said, there are some weird handling cars in sims so perhaps its required in some of them, I don't know!

I do know its not really done in single seater racing today which is enough reason not to do it in single seaters in sims. The Schumi article was interesting because it shows that left foot braking is 'faster' and better than right foot braking in a F1 car. It also showed that Schumi is a better driver than his teammate. I'm sure though that you could have a Mika Hakinnen telemetry trace of an equally fast lap driven without use of throttle and brake together.

Hey Keith!

Thanks for sharing your setup. It's really stiff, but that works well on transitions. Maybe I need to reduce a little bit the brake pressures, because I'm locking it a lot..

Couldn't be lower than 51s with your set, but I guess there is room to improve it. =D

Cya!

Velho, não consigo baixar de 56.5.... qual a mágica? to jogando com o controle do xbox... os carros da IA parecem bem mais rápidos... to usando o setup do keith pawson...

Hey Keith!

Thanks for sharing your setup. It's really stiff, but that works well on transitions. Maybe I need to reduce a little bit the brake pressures, because I'm locking it a lot..

Couldn't be lower than 51s with your set, but I guess there is room to improve it. =D

Cya!

Velho, não consigo baixar de 56.5.... qual a mágica? to jogando com o controle do xbox... os carros da IA parecem bem mais rápidos... to usando o setup do keith pawson...

boa tarde amigos, sou novo no jogo stock car e novo aqui tbm, gostaria de saber de vcs como faço pra instalar esses alteraçoes no meu jogo?

fico muito grato pela ajuda.

alberto.

Pasta raiz onde vc instalou o game - exemplo - C: GSC2012>UserData>"seu nome (perfil) no jogo">Settings - só colar dentro de uma das pasta do circuito desejado. Depois dentro do jogo acessa garagem 1 o setup vai estar a sua esquerda. seleciona e clica em carregar. Boa pilotagem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back