Stock Car Extreme Setups

Here's the F3 League Setup which was used in the first round of the F3 Championship.

This setup and driving constiency would have got me 4th place if it wasn't for my spin on the last corner of the last lap!

I hope you guys enjoy, The original base was from mike bishop (very simular to my base setup) i adjusted he's slightly but used he's superb gearing.

Attachments

• F3 League Setup.svm
    3.4 KB · Views: 610
Indeed. This you should use for every gmotor sim.

Overall Effect Strength = 100%
Spring Effect Strength = 0%
Damper Effect Strength = 0%
Enable Centering spring = 0% (ticked or unticked doesn't matter)
Steering Wheel Deg of Rot = depends on the car you're driving.

Im sure you dont drive it like how it feels for me, using these setting. The wheel is completely lose and has no ffb at all mate. What other settings am i missing out here ? Cheers.

Just did a couple of laps on the WSS-server, learned quite a lot from watching James Johnson and others. Appears I was hitting a few apexes the wrong way or not at all. Down to 1m14s139 now. Also changed the deault setup a bit (less wing) and more steering lock. moved brakebalance a bit to the rear.

Also I'm braking to early for t2. Have to fix that.

I guess that i'm losing the most time braking for the slow/tight corners and going through them. My fastest lap so far is a 1m15s1xx. On a server last night some guys were running 1m11s ?!
i have now shared my setup, i will also make a video of my 1:12.1 Qualifying Lap.

you need to be very patient and smooth, being aggressive doesn't work.

Attachments

• RACESETUPAWESOME.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 772
I mean the throttle simracers seem to randomly add when braking, usually for the entire length of the brake zone. I've seen simracers use throttle and brake together as if they're cycling! Then other simracers see the videos and try to adopt the same style thinking its the route to faster times. The throttle is for going faster, the brake is for slowing down. There is no need to mix the two up, it gets confusing.. :)

Its a legit technique used to balance the car under heavy braking.
And it works in GSC too.
http://www.dellanave.com/files/f1racing.pdf

That is an interesting PDF about Schumi. Apart from copse/becketts he never really uses more than 15% throttle, and in the one hard brake zone in that PDF its pretty much a constant 15%. It may even have been unconscious as the brake G moved his right foot on the throttle pedal slightly, but I hope there are no Schumi fans here as I'll be lynched :p

When you see some simracers in a brake zone they often use more than 15% but also in a 'on/off/on/off' type of way for some reason. If you have to use throttle to balance the car, your brake bias is too far rearward.

I've seen a lot of recent real telemetry data from GP2, GP3 and F3 and there is no use of brake and throttle at the same time in any of those laps. One of these drivers is now in F1, one is a F3 champion, its just not done in real racing by guys much better than we'll ever be. Even if there is an exception to the rule, that doesn't mean its 'better' or that you should try that in simracing. I believe you have a better chance of becoming a better driver by keeping it simple. What may have worked for Schumi is unlikely to work for you.. ;-)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back