What's up with those ads?

Please, PLEASE tell me you guys are kidding??

ADS randomly placed between threads and at the bottom of every 1st, 2nd and 3rd post of EVERY THREAD?

Is that really the way you want to go with RaceDepartment?
Beacause it is most definitely not what I would like to see... plus it really takes the point out of having people donating doesn't it?

I know what it means. It also implies a deliberate or malicious act - my car movement was to scare him out of a manoeuvre and I never intended contact, especially with a chance of a double victory. But you obviously didn't review both sides of the argument.

As I said, I tore shreds off Remco's argument and drove him to hiding behind his moderator powers, and I'll be happy to do that to you as well.
You seem to misunderstand tearing to shreds with not wanting to bother with a kiddie who doesn't care about anyone else on track, and when something happens, blames everything else in the world before himself.
Best of luck with that. *wave*

Kyle,
If you - as you have said - no longer feel like you are part of the community, then I don't really understand what you are hoping to achieve, other than to further alienate yourself.

What, in your world, happens next? Seriously, I don't understand your motives.

You either dial it down, accept what has happened, and become a useful board member, or you continue along with this attitude, you annoy someone enough and you get banned from RD totally.

If the former is your aim and you want to stay, then you need to move on from this and start behaving in a civil manner. No sniping, agitation or wilfully goading aspersions.

If the latter is your aim, just say the word and we'll bin you, unless you are going for some sort of martyrdom action. Either way, you'll be done with us. So again, I don't really get what you're hoping to achieve.

You may protest and believe in your innocence, none of us can do anything about that. All of us saw something different than your interpretation in the evidence we were presented. All of us.

The numbers involved and unanimity should really tell you something there. If you are hoping to clear your name, the averages surely would suggest that it's an outside chance if the statistics mean anything.

Now, I personally am not going to get into an argument with you about the driving thing - I had my say during the Staff review - but please, dial down the rhetoric, stop the goading insinuations and start playing nicely with others.

Your argument is based on video alone - my argument is based on video, live throttle/brake/wheel traces (ie, my intentions) and my thoughts before, during and after the crash. Perhaps that's why our interpretations are different - because I have MUCH MORE evidence.
Evidently, you all ignored everything that I said about it.
Also, I was rammed multiple times in Monaco, and the culprit got away without so much as a warning. I was given a warning for the same race for a failed overtake where I had the inside (and a far superior start), he got away Scott-free for overtakes that were never going to happen as he was too far behind, and this was on 3 consecutive laps at the same corner IIRC. It caused suspension damage which had an effect on the handling, which lead to my DNF as the car suddenly did a 180 under braking and careened into the barriers for no apparent reason (no rear brake locking). I smell bias, how I see that is that you lot were looking for a reason to ban a driver with a more aggressive driving style than anyone else.
Plus, I invested a lot of money into improving my pace to move up the field, a G27 being my biggest expense and I had big PC upgrades planned to eliminate the sudden lag I get sometimes. I threw the car around like a maniac, it was a fast way to get around the track, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but that style inevitably leads to many more mistakes. The fact that I was exhausted after a 20 minute race shows the effort I was putting in, and I rued every single crash because of the crap that happened after Rouen in the summer.
And I am no rammer, victory in Hockenheim R1 (incident in R2) ,missing out on pole by mere thousandths on two occasions and missing out on crushing victories due to mistakes says it all about my speed, plus a large number of daring overtakes which other drivers wouldn't even consider.

All I can say is that this banning fiasco (yes, fiasco) has left me utterly destroyed mentally, my confidence has vanished, and I cannot drive as fast as I used to (Hockenheim being my absolute peak). I cannot describe the pain I felt when I saw that email in my inbox, and I'm definitely not the same person I was a few months ago.

The only thing I can slightly agree with you on Kyle, is that there are people that gets a "free pass" sometimes. At the same time, I do belive that everyone are trying to handle each situation fair and equal. I have no idea if those "free pass" situations happens because of a lack of reports or friendship, but in RD, as far as I can understand (not talking about other leagues, getting forum-space here) it's impossible for a staff member that holds a grudge against someone, to be able to penalize a driver by themselves. And I find it hard to believe that a random driver are getting picked out to get banned.

Then, you were talking about Cambridge earlier, I have no idea what that has to do with driving here, but whatever. You should at least understand, that when you are talking about throwing your car around, and you know that it leads to many more mistakes and when you are talking about daring overtakes. That means you are on the edge, all the time. I'm sure you understand that it means you are more likely to be penalized as well.

I haven't seen the situation that you guys are talking about, however.
my car movement was to scare him out of a manoeuvre and I never intended contact

If you move your car, to scare another driver. You then put all your fate in the possibility that the driver will in fact be scared. If not, you are in big trouble. If the driver doesn't get scared. You do move your car, deliberate against the position of another car, and you know that the car is there. You might not have meant to cause contact. But you knew what you did, and you knew that the car was there. It was a very risky move, and it did fail.
The best thing you could've done, was to accept the fact that you did a risky move, and that move failed. I feel pretty sure that you would've had a better chance if you didn't actually believe your innocence of a move that went ****.

I actually also understand your last point there, even though I feel you are making it a bit bigger deal than it is. But I know what strange penalties, and not equal treatment does do to confidence and speed.
But then, if you had realized your mistake, and also made it clear that you intend to learn from it, then it will be better. You will slowly build your confidence up again. But, if you really do think you are innocent in this, then you are making it way harder for yourself. You are complaining much of the other guys being unable to see your point of view. For me, it looks like you are just as much unable to see it from the other side.

Oh, and I do regret jumping in to this, as I have nix and nada knowledge of any of this. But at least, you can't say that I'm not neutral.

Well I do have a reputation of taking risks, hence the daring overtakes that didn't always work, and that was indeed a big one.
The reason for my unbreakable belief in my innocence is that although the turning action was deliberate, the outcome was NOT what I had intended. Indeed, I sat there in shock for a few seconds after the crash, appalled at what I had done.
On the edge is one way of putting it, my consistency is absolutely 0 when it comes to laptime because I am always beyond the limit with the car on a knife edge.
I can perfectly see their point of view - with only video evidence, the only thing they could do was penalise me. This is why I believe what I said about it was taken no notice of, so saying anything different would not have influenced the outcome. If they had taken my thoughts, intentions etc into account then we wouldn't even be having this discussion as I would still be racing. Simple really.
The staff seem to think that every crash I've ever been involved in was 100% deliberate, for example the car-out-of-control incident at Rouen, the failed overtake at Monaco etc.

Kyle, if i were you i would stop questioning the penalty descided by the staff.
In every incidentreport we recieve the entire staff is asked to say their oppinion without being told what to say, in the end when we have shared our viewpoints we agree on an penalty if needed...

The rule is simple, no incidentreport = no penalty, so if you feel someone got easyer away from this one there might not have been submitted a incident report.

Another thing to concider is the fact that complaining on the forum and questioning the staff might cause another penalty..
The staff only ask for one thing, and that is respect!
This is not a job for us, it is just something we do to help out the community..

Kyle, this has been said before, you and ONLY YOU are responsible for your actions, therefore, you and only you are to blame. I am warning you now to stop questioning staff decisions in this manner. Believe me when I say it does nothing to help you and I wont warn you again, take it as last chance..

Unfortunately you're not me Joakim, and I will question an argument in which I see absolutely no logic, it's just my nature.
I did actually report the guy who got away without penalty.
In all honesty, looking at my incident from an absolutely neutral standpoint (using only the video) I would have penalised myself. Presented with the actual intentions and thoughts of the driver in question however, I would have at least questioned the penalty given, and warned him but suggested that the staff keep a very close watch on him in the future.

Oh, and Brian, stating that the incidents were not intentional is not synonymous with refusing responsibility. I never said that I refused responsibility, I said that the crashes were not intentional. The only one I can refuse responsibility for is the one at Rouen, as I was not in control of the car at all. The other 2 were as a result of an aggressive but benign action (overtake and a small swerve) that just didn't go to plan. I know I made those manoeuvres, I'm responsible for them, but that doesn't make them intentional.

How did a thread about ads turn into a flame war about one specific persons ban from here...?

In my opinion, I don't really mind the ads (I click on the now and then by accident) which might help a bit :confused: But I do not have the funds to donate now, although I hope that I will be able to in the future.

Welcome to forum life!

Threads can often get off topic, just with the efforts of one member, this one will be cleaned up in the near future!

What is Simberia?
The place where all the unhappy people become happy together :)
Are you sure we don't live there already?
You know those times you walk into another room only to forget why you went there?
Thats god playing Sims, He just canceled your move!:D

I'll fire up Ubuntu tonight & go click some ad's, it's the only donation I can make at the moment... :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.8%