RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well in contrast to you guys, I had my best result so far on RD. 2nd place - first ever podium :)

Helped massively by the fact that I think everyone bar Pau got a drive through, but I was there or there abouts the whole race. Not a fan of Monza, but was nailing it. I think it has a lot to do with my new gaming PC, makes being consistent much easier! Pretty surprised I managed to keep up with everyone as I was having to be a bit careful after getting a cut warning on the 2nd lap, amazingly enough my only one of the race!

Good racing all :)

Weird race for me.
Had a bad work day, only got home with 15mins until Quali, got a little practice and then PC crashed at the very beginning of Quali, got back with about 20 mins left (didn't think I'd be able to get back in during quali), Didn't even manage a flying lap.
Started in 23rd or something, pile up in turn 1 (what a suprise) gained me some places, but was really unhappy with the setup I had.
Was looking to battle with Liam as our times were close ish, pitted earlier than him looking forthe undercut, but couldn't make it work (still learning the car/track combo), then he got 2 stop & Gos which put paid to that.

Last few laps, saw ... Ariciuc Razvan gaining on me slowly, then lost concentration with 2 laps left and he closed 3 second in 2 laps, finished about 0.15 seconds infront of him.
Other than my lack of knowledge for the braking points early on, had a clean race myself.

Thanks guys and see you Monday.

wow guys finally i managed to finish a race in rd....always some problem in pit...
and today too, cause when i stopped.....it has been like 6 seconds (time counting) waiting for confirmation and i was yes damn !!! pressing enter and finally i pressed with my palm.....the key *which i still dont know which one is....lol , and i could refuel and restart
then i had a spin....almost at last of the race when i was trying to get a time under 14....lol
and then i ....said ok....dont spoil the race....lets finish this
lol

thanks all , every one very clean and lapped cars all very fair!!
this is so different from public servers!!! *but ....80 minutes by far too much
30 would be perfect!!! *please

my first ever win in race department !!!! *my third race *first completed

thanks all !!!

cy

wow guys finally i managed to finish a race in rd....always some problem in pit...
and today too, cause when i stopped.....it has been like 6 seconds (time counting) waiting for confirmation and i was yes damn !!! pressing enter and finally i pressed with my palm.....the key *which i still dont know which one is....lol , and i could refuel and restart
then i had a spin....almost at last of the race when i was trying to get a time under 14....lol
and then i ....said ok....dont spoil the race....lets finish this
lol

thanks all , every one very clean and lapped cars all very fair!!
this is so different from public servers!!! *but ....80 minutes by far too much
30 would be perfect!!! *please

my first ever win in race department !!!! *my third race *first completed

thanks all !!!

cy

You started at the back of the grid right? I had to double-take when I saw you overtake me on lap 2 - the guy behind me on the grid was in a green Mini so I assumed it was him, then I saw your name and was like WHAT?! Too fast dude!

This was a bitter experience for me. :(

I was on 4th place, when suddenly, my brakes started behaving bad. It started in 5th lap, in the first corner. I started braking earlier because of guys in front of me. Didn't help and I crashed into Gar Hoogwout. Looks like it was without a damage because we both continued.

Then after a few laps when I had problems with braking into turn one and then in other two corners, I received stop&go penalty in lap 17th. I planned my pitstop for lap 18th. So I went into pits in lap 17th and then the lap later for my scheduled pitstop.

I had the same incident as before in turn 1 with Patrick Wuyts. This time, I got a suspension problem. But my car was "drivable" as before so I continued. I didn't wanted to quit without a fight. A fight with my car, off course.

Saddly, this wasn't end of my troubles. I had an incident with Paul Boeschoten in 3/4 of the race or so. I was chasing him until the end of the race. I got a few oportunities when I was faster, but braking early into turn 1, so he always gained his position back in turn 1. Then I was pushing him and waiting for a mistake. It came at the end of the race and I gained 6th place in this tough race.

So, I'm very sorry guys, but something didn't worked well. I don't know if it was a lag or some usb lag for my pedals. I didn't have ambitions for overtaking in this race. I was fighting with my car instead. I checked my pedals after the race and everything was fine.

I haven't been a crasher before, but trust me that I was braking even with my own eyes. Didn't help. Maybe it was a brake problem simulation of some sort.

Stop&go penalty looks pretty harsh in 80min race. If you have a problem and cut a corner without a purpose and even slow down, why to be rewarded? Or when I let the other guy pass me.

9 stop and penalties...:eek: Once I even forgot to stop for it and 1 regular pitstop... :D Endless at the back, :p I don't like Monza to be honest, but had fun on TS and at some times on track. Hopefully a nicer tarck next week. :)

Congrats to everyone who made it to the finish. Hope to see you guys next race.

Told you all that on this track is very easy to get s&g ( i only got one cut track penalty).

This is my favorite track, should have been my moment to shine but it wasn't.

Started out good Q:7 clean trough 1'st chicane and all was going well untill in lap2 i made a stupid mistake and tought i had enough time to change lane and overtake, but didn't and ended up hitting the other drivers back bumper while i was turning and that sent me straight in to a mean wall that ruined my suspension and eaten my front bumper, limped back to pit and repairs took an eternity by the time i got out i was 23/24 with a 54s gap to 22. Started to grind down the gap ( Mike Bishop was along for the ride as well for 2-3 laps , whe had some fun, noticed we both were missing left side mirror :)) ). By the time pitting started i closed the gap and mannage to get into 14 the when into pit.
Changed only 3 tires and put 14L of fuel, after all the drivers pitted i managed to gain 1 place with my fast pit.
The started to work again on the gaps (big ones 14-20 s). With only 4-5 laps to go Pau caught up with me and i let him pass then stuck to his back hoping that he'll slow down Chris Gallop (and he did). Closed that gap too and by the last lap i was right up his tailpipe.
Then MAGIC happend (see below), my pulse was never higher than in the last 10 s of the race GREAT STUFF.

I'm happy the race turned out the way it did. I learned that i don't crack under pressure or when it all seems lost and when it's time to get serious and put a strategy into play i can do that ( in all the laps except 2 i never went off-road and keept my times very close together).
Even when all seems lost, it's not over until you give up.
P.S. my best race so far.

Very dissapointed, i had 6 stop&go's .... this track is buggy as hell.

then we had "Jim Stiaus" or something on teamspeak, for half of the race he was constantly breathing/blowing in his mic distracting alot of us, unfortnatly we couldn't mute him as we're racing, next time get your mic checked Jim.
I guess it was me with the heavy breathing.Sorry for that but I did check to out yesterday and everything was working well. I guess I might have to go to "push to talk" so my breathing doesn't bother anybody OR just hold my breath for the race.

Well guys, that was my first race here at racedepartment. I've to say that i'm satisfied about my race, finished 5th, with no stop&go, just two warnings. I'm also satisfied about fairness of other drivers, and about level of professionalism here. So i think i will continue to race also with you. See you on the track.

PS: sorry if i made some language mistakes, but i don't open a book of english grammar since almost two years...

I guess it was me with the heavy breathing.Sorry for that but I did check to out yesterday and everything was working well. I guess I might have to go to "push to talk" so my breathing doesn't bother anybody OR just hold my breath for the race.
i was f-ing and blinding on teamspeak if im honest, it really got to me and nothing ever does, the crazy a*s crowd who i hang around with never get to me, but that breathing topped it off, lol.

year push to talk helps, we we're telling you to keep quiet over it, but you never heard us?

Ive never gotten a Stop and Go penalty in an RD event before but today was that day :) so I was leading the race till lap 10 or so before I had to do the S&G
Left the pits in P7 so I only lost 6 positions. I was still motivated and it became a good race. I was able to get up to P3 and was catching up to Nik before my connection crashed 10 min before the end, however still had a lot of fun, grats to Pau, Nik for his best result ever :) and all who finished :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%