Rally - Mud n Slush @ Japan - Monday 6th & Tuesday 7th February 2012

Well that was a blast for my first ever rally. I did better than I thought - never ran Pirka or Noika before & only screwed up the Noiker session when I was almost at the finish line. I drove very conservatively & used the same setup for all sessions. :D It seemed I was always 10 seconds or so off Joe's time ... until I hit that tree that got in my way.
I'll definitely try to run more of these. Thanks guys.

I was just aiming to get through the rally without any red ink and for the most part it went to plan, although I did have a couple of scares on Noiker and was only saved by the robustness of the Seat. However that said there's definitely something weak in the Cordoba's brakes as I had no less than 3 stages where the brakes failed after a minor collision - I survived to the end on the first two, but the third one on SS7 proved to be my downfall.

That was definitely agood learning situation when it came to car and country: the focus handles very differently to the cars I usually drive, and that mixed with the insanely bumpiness of Japan proved to be somewhat interesting. Red ink twice the amount I had hope for, one for rolling off a bridge on SS1, and sliding off into a tree on one of the others. apart from that, had a blast! Pirka Menoko and Sipirkakim II are such awesome tracks to drive on, nice and smooth (well, Sipir is :p ) and I thought I did quite well, even though Warren completely Annihilated me yet again (am I really that bad?) anyway, great rally, thank you Warren and Senad for sorting it, was great fun.

Edit: Very close finish on the final stage between the two focusses!

The OC Session wasn't very popular tonight, only three of us, and I was the only Aussie with Jack and Olli to keep me company. Nice to have Olli on TS too. :)

I thought that turned out to be a rather difficult rally, although maybe that was because I made a hash of it.
I hadn't driven the Xsara before (the reason I chose it) and found it different to drive to what I expected. It seemed quite fast, but the rear end was very slippery, resulting in lots of over-corrections and frantic wheel activity.

I actually started ok, and was feeling reasonably comfortable after the first 4 stages, but at Noiker II, the wheels fell off. Early in the Stage, I came hurtling over a very fast crest, only to have the co-driver inform me of an impending tight turn, downhill :eek: . I threw every anchor I had out to try to slow the car, but still drifted wide and clipped a tree with the rear, spun around and hit another tree fairly gently. Unfortunately, being a French car, it died instantly. :oops:

After that, I lost concentration and my eyesight struggled in the murky dusk stages (curse being old :( ) , and kept making mistakes and losing the road (and time). Had a huge off on the last stage and was lucky to miss the trees again, but I bogged the car in the undergrowth beside the road. :eek:

Still plenty of fun though.

My connection was down the whole day, so I was not able to create EUZ, or drive in the rally even. Middle of the night in Australia, so Warren wasn't able to jump in either. Sorry Tero and Ole.

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Magnar, Andrew and Fernando

Stage wins:
Manuel Samaniego: 4 stage wins
Andrew Koojo: 2 stage wins
Magnar Haarstadsveen: 1 stage win
Fernando Agapito: 1 stage win

Apologies again for not creating the last session, was out of our hands.
Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Congratulations Magnar, your first Club win, and plenty more to come I am sure.
Well done Andrew and Fernando, both of you are consistently near the top.
Good driving (in very tricky stages) from Manuel, Andrew, Magnar, and Fernando to share the Stage wins with some very good times.

Well, this one really was more difficult than last weeks Monte Rally, I suspected we might see more RED INK this time after I drove the Rally last night. Only 6 drivers managed to run clean Rally's without a DNF, goes to show that keeping the car in one piece in Rallying is critical, but not always easy to achieve. Looks like Noiker II took no prisoners, the dodgy pacenotes and evil bumps caught many drivers I suspect. :p

Nice driving from Tapio, Aleksi, and Joe, bringing their cars home unscathed. ;)

Welcome to our new drivers, Mike, Thibault, and Ryan, you started with an extremely challenging rally, hope you had fun, and we see you regularly in future.

Apologies to Tero and Ole for missing the rally due to Senad's internet failure and my sleeping when EUZ needed to be setup, but nothing really we could do about it. We still had a great roll up, only one below our Club record. Thanks again to all for your support.

Thanks again to Senad for his Admin work, this time under great difficulty, and to Damien for his top Banner.

Next week, we run a rally designed by Roy Magnes, so expect something different (and bring your winter woolies :cool: ).

I would just like to say thanks for setting this up. This was extremely fun even though i couldn't handle it on those tracks. Next time I'll be more reserved and cautious, at least FINISH the stages :D. I will be trying to do as many club events as possible. Thanks again guys and congrats to Magnar. You were tearing it up in the USX server :D

Just noticed something, i've won stages in every RD Rally i've participated in (exept for that Volvo challenge) :D :D :D niiiiice!

Yes, thanks for the Rally, but i have one small complain :) :

On stage 6 : Tanner ll mix bad conditions dusk - my subaru impreza 2000 was acting very very strange, i think there was a physics bug or something because the car just kept bouncing and bouncing off the road, i had to drive extremely carefully to make it to the finish, i don't know if this is only a problem with my computer, but i suggest checking that, try the impreza 2000 from pack A8W 2000 and then try the Xsara or any other car in that stage and see if it feels different, to me the Subaru was feeling all bouncy and strange compared to the other cars. No idea if this is only my problem. This wouldn't have affected the outcome of the Rally but i suggest checking that the physics of the cars are correct before using them for an event. Thanks :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%