Rally - MINI Monte 2012 - Monday 30th & Tuesday 31st January 2012

I don't remember liking Monte Carlo mod much before, but this is great fun. Very controllable, loving it.

The car is also nice, and I mean nice overall, not just nice for an S2000 car :D
I will actually consider using it in the RDRC :eek:

Lost about a minute on SS2, too fast in a right hander, went off in style. Called for help, and ended up with steering wheel 90 degrees to the right. Struggled till the end. Shame, splits were looking decent enough.

Started off ok, trailed Olli for a bit but from ss4 on it was cahotic, had quite a few first degree encounters with some stone walls and some trees. Damaged the suspension a couple of times as well, so fell down towards the bottom of the table.

Still very enjoyable event, looking forward to the next one! Thank you for the organisers for a great event once again, and I too hope to make a more regular appearance.

loved every minute, had great battle for lead in eu, gutted as computer crashed half way through last stage, was leading by 5 secs!

but great fun, thanks to every1 involved

It was a good battle Mark, you definately had the legs on me towards the end, it is a shame your PC crashed! The last stage would have easily been yours as I threw it in a ditch towards the end of SS8 and lost around 45 seconds!

Looking forward to the next one!

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Tero, Roy and Fernando

Stage wins:
Magnar Haarstadsveen: 3 stage wins
Fernando Agapito: 2 stage wins
Tero Leppanen: 1 stage win
Roy Magnes: 1 stage win
Mark Johnston: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes. There might be mistakes this time :eek:

Congratulations Tero, that's the way to make your first podium, straight to the top. :D
Well done to Roy and Fernando, very close for such a tricky Rally. Look out guys, Roy's back in form. :p

I always like to see the Stage wins spread around, so really liked to see these results. Most of the Stage times were surprisingly close this time, so wins were not easy to achieve. It was all about who was prepared to risk it all and push hard on a stage.

Big welcome to our new Members, Jimi ( great debut mate), Manveer, and Javier, hope you had lots of fun.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the small amount of RED INK this Rally, especially considering how demanding the Stages were. Looks like the MINI was popular too. ;)
We didn't quite break the Driver number record, but we gave it a fright with only two less. Thanks to all for your support to the Rally Club.

Huge thanks to Senad for his Admin smoothness & slickness, and to Damien for the nice banner and the skins he made available.

See you all next week. :)

another nice image from the race. thanks to warren.. for the skins
kojo%25201.jpg

Weeee. That was way better than I feared. And again I win the longest stage of the rally.

I feel confident that S2000 is the way to go for me in the championship. Suitably fast :)

Thanks for the rally, looking forward to the next challenge :)

Well, that SS8 was very tight, wasn't it? :p

Anyway, that 11th place was my best results here. :) I'm looking forward the season!

Congratulations to everybody, and thanks for the organisers! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%