- Editor remembers its size and whether or not it is maximized
- Added Endurance series parts
- BUGFIX: Game Crash when swapping drivers from different racing series
Motorsport Manager Save Game Editor 1.4.6536.39633
Save editor for MM
Hotfix for yesterdays build that fixes a crash launching the editor while MM is running
Marking this as 1.3 and dropping the BETA tag as I'm more convinced this update is pretty stable. Doubtful its perfect but I'm seeing fewer errors in my bug tracker.
This version adds more stability fixes and a new helper feature that prompts you to send me the game crash logs if it detects the game crashed the last time it was run
- Added ability to modify team names
- Fixed crash in game when swapping mechanics
- Fixed editor crash when deleting personality traits
- More stability improvements
This update should fix the remaining crashes caused by transferring drivers. If you still have issues, please send me your save game and let me know who you are swapping to cause the crash!
The rear wing should be modifiable again
Fixed some issues with dates on contracts.
Starting to lose count of which BETA we're up to now
This is mostly just stability improvements. Found a few pieces of data that weren't getting set correctly by the editor that might cause some crashes in the game.
Driver swaps should work in this build as long as you swap like for like. ie. reserve for reserve, no. 2 for no. 2. I'll make it better in the next update
Fixed bug where driver traits could not be removed
Fixed bug where game was crashing because personality traits cache was null
Fixed bug where date and time on HQ upgrades would be set to todays date instead of game date from save file.sebastiaans24 likes this.
I was all for giving up a few days ago so thanks to all of you for the kind words that kept me going. I think we're almost there! This version should fix the app crashing without any explanation when loading a file. The MM save file is an insane piece of data with ridiculous levels of recursion and C# was throwing a stack overflow because of how the data is stored. This was particularly bad on FIRE Mod files with more data in them.
Anyway, that's the dull tech stuff and excuses out of the...
After spending another 3 hours stepping through my code line by line and comparing it with one of the broken save files I had, I think I have found the problem behind almost all (hopefully) of the compatibility issues. The editor was ignoring some data in the save file that was crucial. Don't know how I missed this when I did the update unless it came in the 1.5.1 update. If that's the case then 1.5 saves will likely now be broken so please check if that's the case for you and let me know...
Tool now runs some compatibility tests before save fully loads.
- Save files running FIRE Mode are not allowed (for now).
- Some other big mods will throw a warning and may fail to load (let me know if this happens to you!)
- Save files not from version 1.5 or 1.5.1 will not load
Minor update that fixes an issue with PenaltyPoints and some load data errors.
This update should fix most of the issues that were preventing the save files loading into the editor. Thanks for all the reports!
I've also fixed an issue that stopped you from swapping drivers as it caused a crash.
Let me know if there are any other issues and please keep reporting bugs on the latest build.
This update should add support for the latest free update of MM. It's only been tested on one save file so I'm not expecting 100% compatibility out of the gate. Please report any errors or bugs you find and I'll fix them. If you modify your save files then as always MAKE A BACKUP!
- Updated to support 1.5 version of MM
- Can now modify the bonuses assigned to each mechanic
Lots of new features for you in this update.
- Added ability to add and remove tracks from next years calendar
- Added current save file to window title
- Added improvement rate stat to driver tab
- Added ability to modify existing mechanic relationships
- BIGFIX: Fixed a crash when setting new parts as "stock" parts.
Use the request a feature option in the help menu to suggest new features you want to see. This thread has become a bit of a monster and I can't keep track of...
First "full" release. The tool now has the bulk of the features I wanted it to have. There's more to come but probably on a slower timescale. I can't continue to invest this much of my free time for no cost - as nice as all the positive feedback is! On that note, I have added a donate link to the help menu in the app. I don't expect any donations - I did this for the fun of it - but it does motivate me to spend more time on it I guess
The major update to this release is the rules...
Probably the last "pre-release" build. I plan on adding championship rules editing to the next release which will probably be version 1.0
It's unlikely to be the last update as I'm quite enjoying mucking about with this but I might slow down a little.
Anyway, here's the update:
- Added support for modifying the HQ
- Fix for save game incompatibility
- Added person nationalities
- Added Chairman tab
- More bug fixes
Small update to fix some exceptions caused by transferring drivers
Fix to driver traits so trait names are displayed instead of string ID's
Small update to add a missing data structure reported by one of our users
Here we go then. Back to the good stuff
- Support for swapping drivers, engineers and mechanics between teams
- Added Help menu
- + Added an option to submit a MM Game crash log to us for analysis if a modified save causes a crash
- + Added a link to the support thread on racedepartment.com
For the crash log feature please read the popup box that shows when you select the option. Hopefully, nobody will need to use it but if you do its easier than me requesting all the information...
- Loads of bug fixes to improve compatibility with save games from 1.4
- Improved internal error reporting
- Support for 1.4 version of Motorsport Manager
- Tapping the team name on any person entry will take you to that team on the teams tab
- BUGFIX: A number of reported crashes have been resolved
As always, but more so than ever with this release - MAKE A BACKUP. The update to add support for 1.4 was much easier than I expected with barely any changes to the save data. This worries me! There's a chance I've missed something. I don't have the DLC and I've not played any challenges so...
- Added mechanic stats
- Added engineer stats
- Added employed mechanics and engineers to team page
- BUGFIX: Tool crashes if adding driver trait then cancelling without selecting anything
Very minor patch to 0.4 release to improve reliability of save file loading and improve the quality of bug reports
- Added tabs for mechanics and engineers. Basic person stats editing only
- Added basic contract fields
- Added improved load file error checking
- Added support for modifying team finances
- BUGFIX: Components cost zero and take no time to build
- BUGFIX: Team colours are lost after savingblindcat420 likes this.
Page 1 of 2