Since I started with AC, the menus looked a bit too harsh to me. They were just outdated. So I decided to make a quite small mod with some changes and icons to make the user experience cleaner and nicer to the eye.
I know it's possible to make deeper changes including code edit but I just think it's not worth it. The facelift included in this mod will do the job.
> FOR ASSETTO CORSA 1.14
> SIM RACING SYSTEM (SRS) compatible
(This mod needs to be installed again after installing SRS App)
- Smaller round in-game Menu icons
- Unified checkboxes
- Some small UI details re-done
- Sim Racing System (SRS) App support: if you use SRS, this Clean UI mod has to be installed always AFTER the SRS App install to be able to overwrite its icons
- New main menu icons
- New main menu header background
- New realistic 'Start engine' menu button
- New "Drive" vertical label icons
- New "Drive" submenu icons
- New in-game Menu icons
- Some flat "AC" logos here and there
- Removed fake "loading" clock at start splash screen
- Grey slider bars
- Modified ui.css to allow me use a different icon for "Challenges"
I've tried to add the ":hover" effect to the main menu buttons just like the in-game menu buttons have (modiflyng ui.css) but the result was an unexplainable css collapse. If someone can help me with that, do it!
I forgot to do a backup. Do a backup if you want to be able to revert this mod.
As every other mod: Unzip the mod, open "Asseto Corsa" folder and COPY everying that is inside. Then PASTE AND OVERWRITE inside the "Asseto Corsa" folder of your installed game. Done.
If after reading this you are not 100% sure of how to install it, stop and search for modding howtos.
Do you find this mod nicer than the original elements? Have you found something wrong? Just give feedback. Enjoy!
Clean Menu UI graphic elements 1.0
Some minor graphic changes (mostly icons) to make the menus look updated