Always do a Backup first!!!
You need to have the Game on Steam and the Game Version 1.11
Note: Every Mod that changes something with the F1 cars (liveries, performances, tyres, etc.) prevents you from playing multiplayer. Here's my tip for you: Copy your "F1 2017" folder (verify files before) and paste it into your "common" folder again and rename it into like "F1 2017 Mod" and there you install my mod to. If you now wanna play the game with mods just switch the names of these two folders ("F1 2017" and "F1 2017 Mod"). To play multiplayer do that again. But make sure to have only one savegame so just only one driver:
With this mod you can:
- Save in career mode and play the invitational events + save your progress:
- Play Grand Grix Mode and can save your progress there:
- Play the Event Mode, but your time is not valid due to having mods installed:
- Play Time Trial Mode, but your time is not valid due to having mods installed:
If you find any error / glitch / bug (espessicaly in the translations) then please let me know in the "Support" section and I can fix it in a future update. Thanks!
This mod has its own Discord Server: https://discord.gg/P3uKmas
New Updates will be announced on this Server, so feel free to check that out!
The Copy-Paste-Installation is only available there. From End of February 2018 you can participate as a Prerelease Tester on this Server and help with Development.
About Virtual Performance (IMPORTANT):
Whats that? That's an algortihm in the game which simulates the lap times of all drivers when the time is fast-forwarded. (= Skip Session, End Session, Time Acceleration, etc.)
It isnt modable and uses data like car performances of the game database, also not changeable. So if you fast-forward the time the cars will be slower and for example in a qualifying cant set better times.
Rewinds still do work because they go back in time. You can use them as often as you want Mid-Session Save does also work.
About Performance Graphs:
If you start an new career or a new season in the career the bars of the performance graph are determined by the values in the game database NOT the performance files. If you purchase an upgrade in r&d those values in the database are updated and so are the graphs. They are not linked to the modable performances. The graps are really only a visual thing. Of course purchasing upgrades in R&D still normally gives your car more performance.
Classic Driver Names Overhaul:
- Toro Rosso now has the Honda engine and transmission (power + sounds + durability / R&D)
- McLaren now has the same engine and transmission as Renault (power + sounds + durability/ R&D)
- Sauber now has the same engine and transmission as Haas & Ferrari (power + sounds + durability/ R&D)
- Better Q3 Fuel Mode for factory teams (Merc, Ferrari, Renault, Toro Rosso-Honda)
- Q3 Fuel-Mode-Upgrades for factory and customer teams with the "Fuel consumption" upgrades
- Updated Team Names for 2018 Season
- Updated Track Names for 2018 Season
- Updated Driver Names for 2018 Season
- Driver Nationality Flags Removal because of Driver Transfers
- Updated UI (mainly text) to suit a 2018 season
- Updated Tyre Grip of the Slicks in slightly damp conditions
- Updated Engine Wear Upgrade-Texts
- Realistic "Overtaking button" and engine power deployment at the race start (Fuel ECU)
- Realistic Loading screens
- Realistic AI shifting and automatic shifting (Assist-setting)
- For Now: Updated Performances according the last Abu Dhabi GP 2017 (2018 performances will come when winter testings are over)
- Optional Content: Redone Engine Sounds for Mercedes and Renault (HexEditor) with focus on upshifts
- Updated Classic Driver Names to be way more realistic
In the invitational events in career mode you will now race against the following:
Why? Because the invitational events give you the chance to promote yourself to other f1 teams. To strengthen your reputation in the F1 Paddock. And thats what such test drivers also want. They wanna have their own cockpit in a f1 car in the near future. And those events give them the opportunity to show their skills.
- Mainly Test-Drivers of 2017 F1 Season
- Some drivers from Formula E
- Some drivers from Formula 2 and Formula 3
To be done:
- Adjustments to Dirty Air and Slipstream (waiting for first 2018 races)
- 2018 Adjusted Performances (waiting for 2018 winter tests)
- 2018 tyre allocation (Hypersoft and Superhard tyres - waiting for first 2018 races)
- 2018 official team names
- and much more....
>>> Read the ReadME file <<<
@Karlito and me did the same type of mod for F1 2016:
Late 2017 Season Performance Update
The screenshots are from a development version of the mod.
2018 Realistic Car Performance Mod 0.8.6
Updated Engine Suppliers (Honda-Renault-Switch) & driver + teamnames + performances for 2018 season