F1 2012 The Game: Patch #6 Underway
Almost 3 weeks after it’s release F1 2012 The Game surprisingly continues to receive more patches. This time the AI has been tuned to be a little quicker on Professional difficulty – the gap in between Professional and Legend was quite large so CodeMasters is hoping to even it out quite a bit.
Patch #5 (notes):
- Reduced the likelihood of the player getting a penalty when involved in a collision with an AI car.
- Further reduced the chance of rain for all tracks and greatly reduced it for Sakhir (Bahrain).
- Fixed Catalunya so that it’s no longer possible to cut corners to gain an advantage. The PC Catalunya Time Trial Leaderboard will be reset after the patch goes live, this will either be done Friday evening or Monday morning (UK time).
- Fixed an issue where the engine could be damaged or destroyed when using a flashback.
- Reverted the changes to the force feedback from patch 4. While this improved some wheels, it was to the detriment of others.
- Added an option to delete profiles.
Patch #6 (notes):
- Made Pro level AI quicker so that the time gap to Legendary AI is smaller.
- Fixed the weather system so that:
- Cars will no longer start the race on the wrong tyres.
- Cars will need to change to intermediate tyres when it has been raining with sufficient intensity.
- Fixed a crash in Co-Op when disconnecting on the results screens.
- Fixed an issue where the point’s totals on the Constructors Championship table were incorrectly doubled.
- Medals awarded in season challenge now update the player statistics correctly.
Contrary to the previous patches apparently no new issues were introduced in both patch #5 & #6!
Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance.
For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.