F1 2012 The Game: Patch #4 Available
A mere 2 weeks after it’s release F1 2012 The Game has received more patches than the F1 2010 & F1 2011 games combined throughout their lifespan. This patch comes less than 2 days after patch #3, both of them fixing lots of issues and todays’ patch even changing the constant understeer that’s been deemed to be a bug by most of the community and CodeMasters themselves.
Patch #3 (notes):
- Fixed an issue with frame rates that was introduced in patch #2
- Fixed an issue where using a flashback could result in an engine blowout effect. This would also result in the player doing an unnecessary pit stop if they were trying to serve a drive through penalty.
- Fixed the achievement “The Equipment May Be The Same” to unlock in Career as per the description
- Reduced the amount of starting fuel that the user is given for races Austin as it was previously too high
- Fixed some issues in Co-op Qualifying when only one user progresses to the next session
- Fixed a number of camera and graphical issues
- Fixed several issues which would display the incorrect number of players in a lobby or a race
Patch #4 (notes):
- Understeer: Adjusted track information to provide a more uniform level of grip across the entire surface
- Fixed an issue where some users (especially those on laptops) were unable to change their resolution.
- Fixed a crash in Co-op when trying to resume a session at the start of a Qualifying session that neither player would take part in.
- Fixed issues with the weather system in Instant Replays / Race Replays which could instantly change the track wetness level.
- Removed engine damage from the list of damaged parts that can force a pit stop to take priority over a drive through penalty.
- Changed the Prime tyre compound to Hard for Suzuka to match the race this weekend. This change will not affect Time Attack which will continue to use the Medium compound tyre.
- Added a white cross to the DRS OSD to indicate to that it is unavailable because of a fault.
- Fixed a number of minor graphical issues.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues with timers not resetting correctly.
- Added a Skip Session option so players can leave any session without having to complete it.
- Tweaked force feedback for all devices.
- Improved the lighting on Singapore.
The downside of all the fixes is that CodeMasters introduced a new bug in patch #4 – one that’s going to be pretty annoying for lots of people.
- Saves not synchronising with the Steam cloud. If you are experiencing issues with saves uploaded to Steam’s cloud, we recommend using saved games stored on your local drive/PC.
Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance.
For more screenshots, videos and our review of F1 2012 The Game visit our dedicated thread right here! For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.