F1 2012 The Game: Patch #2 Underway
A few hours after the first patch hit Steam CodeMasters announced the second patch. It will be available within the next 24 hours and hopes are that most of the current issues will be gone, corrupted savegames amongst them.
Patch #1 fixed a relatively small number of issues but it seems to be the base patch 2 will rely on. CodeMasters on patch #1:
- Drivers should no longer have collisions with “invisible walls”
- Fixed the desynchronised session of results which could occasionally lead to race result errors
- Closed a small loophole which allowed erroneous times to posted to RaceNet
- General RaceNet data upload stability improvements
This will be followed later this week by a further patch for PC which will address a large number of issues including the auto-save bug that are being tested and verified now. Details of these fixes will follow once this testing phase has been completed.
The second patch, however, will fix more than 200 issues at once – that’s the plan, at least – and should put an end to the corrupted save game issues. These issues have been in the game in F1 2010 The Game & F1 2011 The Game as well and haven’t been fixed in those games, ever. CodeMasters on patch #2:
This update contains in excess of 200 fixes and improvements for F1 2012 including the following major updates:
- Autosave bug – The issue some users were experiencing where saving during career play would stop functioning is now fixed
- Players ranked 6 are now able to see online sessions hosted by other players
- Car setups will no longer revert to the default settings if players quit back to the main menu from Parc Fermé
- Time attack times no longer overwrite RaceNet event times
- AI drivers now pit to change tyres at the correct time
- Fixed an issue where players using voice communication might experience a crash when plugging in a mic
- Fixed an issue where some players would experience a crash in Career tutorials after completing a Season Challenge
- Players are no longer able to drive through barriers/environment after using a flashback in pits
- Fuel consumption when using manual gears has now been brought in line with automatic gear usage
- Camera angles when exiting the pit lane has been fixed
- AI no longer pit after one lap when wet weather races have been restarted
- Positioning of the top 4 ranked players on PC leaderboards has been corrected. Leaderboards will be reset later today in order to update player rankings. (Once players complete another online race they will be added back on to the leaderboard with all their stats intact)
- Driver name plates can now be seen
- Numerous graphical improvements made such as flicker on rain/ground textures, interface positioning and correction of some track surfaces that showed incorrect weather
- Various fixes to cameras including the 3D effect and pit lane cameras
- Numerous textual and localisation fixes included
Also, CodeMasters announced that this patch will add a new issue to the game.
On certain hardware, when the player’s car goes into shadow the whole screen flickers. This can be worked around by setting Shadows to Low or Ultra Low in My F1 -> Graphics. This issue will be addressed in the next patch.
Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance.
For more screenshots, videos and our review of F1 2012 The Game visit our dedicated thread right here! For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.