Gran Turismo 5 – Maintenance Update 2.04
Polyphony Digital has released a new update to the seemingly perpetual Gran Turismo 5. Update 2.04 is primarily a maintenance update that brings minor improvements and addresses certain bugs/quirks that were in the game. The most significant of these fixes seem to be the ones correcting two separate issues that Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels were experiencing with certain cars in the game. The 2.04 update weighs in at 79mb and is available worldwide as of press date.
Changes in Update 2.04
- Online racing performance has been improved. Voice chat and 12+ players can reduce screenrefresh intervals.
- Enjoy less screen wobble in Chase view.
- Automatic pit-in for electric cars (opponent cars and your cars in B-Spec) to recharge the battery.
- Steering pull reduced when using force feedback steering wheel controllers in banks of tracks such as the Special Stage Route X Oval.
- Milder initial force feedback of Logitech steering wheel controllers when driving formula cars and has been adjusted to make it easier to drive in a straight line.
[Correction of Known Issues]
- Fixed: sometimes, on the 2nd player halfof the 2P Split Screen, speedometer, position and/or best lap time do not appear.
- Fixed: after switching from a combustion engine car to an electric car in the same online race, a combustion sound effect is still present.
- Fixed: the cars and tracks included in the Racing Car Pack and Course Pack would become unusable if if the game is started without logging in.
- Fixed: electric cars now recharge properly in the pit preventing immobility.
- Fixed: the motor of the Toyota Prius functions properly now after changing the oil in GT Auto.
- Improved: force feedback of the 10th level of adjustment for Guillemot Thrustmaster T500 RS, (mostly when using the X2010 and X2011) was not functioning effectively. Now it’s easier to drive the X2010 & X2011 in the intended line.
- Improved: force feedback of the 10th level of adjustment for Logitech Driving Force™ GT, G25 Racing Wheel, G27 Racing Wheel and GT Force®Pro, (mostly when using the X2010 and X2011) was not functioning effectively. Now it’s easier to drive the X2010 & X2011 in the intended line.
Source: [Gran Turismo 5 Support]
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.