Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.2 (csp)

Login or Register an account to download this content
The sound and 3D model of this mod is something amazing! Probably one of my favourite mods…but with this latest update, the physics seem a bit off.
Arch’s physics are a totally different world, and even on a belt driven wheel as I have, it is noticeable the difference in detail and how the car seems much more like the real deal. But in almost every mod with arch physics, above 160/180 km/h, cars get too uncontrollable. Any slight weight transfer, even if the car is not coasting, it usually tends to oversteer uncontrollably….a bit unrealistically in my opinion :( .
I’m running latest csp

The sound and 3D model of this mod is something amazing! Probably one of my favourite mods…but with this latest update, the physics seem a bit off.
Arch’s physics are a totally different world, and even on a belt driven wheel as I have, it is noticeable the difference in detail and how the car seems much more like the real deal. But in almost every mod with arch physics, above 160/180 km/h, cars get too uncontrollable. Any slight weight transfer, even if the car is not coasting, it usually tends to oversteer uncontrollably….a bit unrealistically in my opinion :( .
I’m running latest csp
This is part of the never ending dilemma between feelings and physics accuracy, and what the game engine makes of it.
And your game settings
And your steering wheel
And...
Dilemma I do not wish to be a part of.
I remember pages of discussion in the NSX for example, and I'm not sure there's a solution.
At least it's impossible to keep everyone happy.

Lucky for me I don't play assetto anymore so I'm all in with the latest version :D

And I kept the 1.1 also for that reason.
That's my only answer, if the 1.2 isn't enjoyable, try going back to the 1.1 :thumbsup:

Any slight weight transfer, even if the car is not coasting, it usually tends to oversteer uncontrollably….a bit unrealistically in my opinion :( .
Yes, exactly and as I mentioned in my comment about, manifests itself when you try to the chase at Bathurst - even staying off brakes v. difficult to get change of direction and entry into that corner. Sure, the 'Chase" is not walk in the park in any car, but a little too difficult I suspect with Arch's update.

I’m running latest csp
Most roadcars make lift, and these roadcars make more lift in the rear than the front. 180km/h is quite fast as far as tires go anyway; road tires aren't really rated for cornering at speeds like that. They're barely rated for rolling extended time at speeds like that.

EDIT: With tire speed ratings corresponding to the speed where characteristics become dramatically worsened or the tire just fails prematurely.

PS2s are Y rated tires, so the higher end of road tire ratings, and they are good for high-speed driving, but they do change with speed. IIRC off the top of my head 200km/h is about -5% absolute grip on my tires, but I could be thinking of total slip velocity and not rolling velocity.

For reference, Kunos tires have around -15%. My tires are less sensitive to speed due to some other effects being a bit more correct.

Last edited:
Compared to 1.1 FFB now feels like some internal gain has been turned up to eleven. It's just wooden with no detail and It feels like it's clipping despite game saying it isn't. For example I can't feel hitting a curb while cornering because the FFB seems to be maxed out, despite the ffb thing in the pedals app saying it's less than 50%. Or there's some extreme damping effect that masks everything. This is at maybe 5Nm on a 25Nm wheelbase set to around 11Nm. CSP 0.2.3-preview211.
Maybe i'm doing something wrong but this is the only car like this and i can't figure out any other reason for it other than something in the physics or ffb tuning of the car itself.

The tyres also feel more like delicate race tyres that need the be hot to have any chance of working with basically no grip when cold, and not like good high performance street tires that grip well from pretty much anything above freezing, improve when warm, and then progressively deteriorate as they overheat. These are ok if I set temperature as high as it goes (36c) and use the (weirdly ineffective)tyre blankets so the tires start out at like 40c, and even then they need a lap or so on a hot track. On cold tyres or a cold track it does feel wildly unstable at higher speeds like someone above said.

Other than these weird issues it's still a nice car, but after spending hours trying different things I'll go back to 1.1 for now.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 111 56.3%