New Tactile Hardware 2023 / 2024

After additional tweeking this morning, playing around with some of these effects for pedal immersion...

I really do find that the performance we can achieve with applying 2x MQB1 (Brake/Throttle) combined with 1x or 2x pairs of BDS exciters also applied directly to (foot/heel contact points) delivers a very enjoyable and high standard of tactile.

As a combination, these two types of units work so well together and will greatly improve over solutions that use HPR or other motors, as well as combos in pedals using TT25 / BST1 or other popular budget tactile.

Having the ability to apply that wide frequency range the BDS offers, across multiple effects but extend it's low bass further. This takes into account my original approach with employing "Dual Role" but now applies it in stereo, with additional channels and importantly for better experiencing a larger selection of active effects.

It would still be possible to consider a large BK or Earthquake for highlighting some key effects scenarios but that does come with a high cost these days, which only a small percentage of people might be interested in purchasing or even feel is necessary. I see more benefit for a unit(s) used in this role to be applied to a seat anyways.

The MQB1 has the advantage that we can mount it to pedals compard to Dayton 300 or BK option to consider for the extra oomph low bass utilisation. Clearly this is an advantage as it also enables direct to foot (per-pedal) effects roles like ABS and TC.

Progression / Superceded
What this current approach I have shared can achieve for pedal based immersion, has certain advantages over a much more expensive large BK/TST combo placed to a pedal region. So at the moment it's still my choice to consider, moving forward for how I want this concept to go.

Primarily as it will better support:

• Improve performance with multiple effects scenarios operating at once
  • Enable specific effects layers containing low/mid/high bass sensations
  • Direct sensations for all those frequencies into each foot
  • Apply, advanced multi-layered effects over multiple units/channels
  • Deliver (per pedal) based effects with high power & increased detailing
  • Produce stereo sensations for greater sense of the cars activity
  • Avoid limitations of wiring in series

Last edited:
Another upcoming Fosi amp that will no doubt be excellent with 48V PSU
This is a monoblock only version of the previously shown V3 (excellent for stereo MQB1)
Quality build/construction with XLR connection.

Will wait for this to be benchtested but buying 2x of these instead of the V3 Stereo/Mono combo could offer additional wattage output for mid-large transducers/shakers.

Last edited:
Also, this little audio toy I have recently ordered.

Might bring some use to offer simple A/B comparisons with:
2 x types of tactile
2 x different amps

Last edited:
Over 3000 hours now put into ACC and messing around in different ways with tactile across the last few years.

It still fascinates me and surprises me, as today, I come across little discoveries with applying low frequencies. Just another little step, that helps towards improving and tuning how we can creatively apply effects. In particular with these, that connect the user with the onscreen action and or on-track scenarios.

The method of applying the MQ1B with the BDS, is working rather well.
My contined experimenting from using different octaves and applying certain response curves. Having these control the operation of these specific units in this combined way.

In doing so, by not just applying multi-layers to a single unti, but utulising the operational characteristics from each unit. This enables me to generate, felt sensations for key effects or scenarios, I don't believe we can achieve or get from either product on its own.

Likewise, the same applies, if we use/rely on the traditional approach and methods with, a single make/model of unit used to generate the effects.

Todays experimenting, is improving how I am applying the following effects to operate nicely together over this BDS / MQB1 combo, with each effects operation being made to complement the activity/operation of the others.

Speed Curving / Lateral G / Deceleration G / Acceleration G
What these bring, really helps get a feel of what the car is doing with the user inputs we apply.

Last edited:
Hello Mr Latte, so I've decided to dip my toe into tactile. I'm coming at this from a point of close to zero with a goal of keeping things cheap and cheerful. My rig is pretty standard, 8020, throttle and brake mounted directly to 8020 profile and a regular car seat. Picture attached for reference.

After reading this thread I decided the BDS exciters would be as good a starting point as any, so from one of the sellers you linked to I purchased the last two they had in stock. I imagine the most straight forward thing to do with these is to mount them directly to the pedals. I would however like to add some under the seat itself and this is really where my current batch of questions lie.

When it comes to mounting to the seat area, what's my best option here? Single or a L/R pair? Should I go for more BDS or is it better to go with something like the ast-2b-4 or bst-1?

The seat itself has only a couple of obvious attachment points on the underside, the standard aluminium shell covering the first third of the base and then a solid bar that runs the width at the back of the base. The shell seems like a good spot to mount a stick on style mount, else where will involve some creative thinking.

Am I correct in thinking that either of those mounting positions would be preferable to using the profile that the seat rails are attached to?

And lastly whether I went with 4x exciters or 2x exciters + 2 transducers would something like the 4x50w nobsound amp you mentioned earlier in this thread be sufficient?

Anyway end of brain dump and thank you for all the information you've provided both here and in other areas of the forum, it's been very useful.

Attachments

• PXL_20240522_103313125.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240522_103313125.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 11
Hello Mr Latte, so I've decided to dip my toe into tactile. I'm coming at this from a point of close to zero with a goal of keeping things cheap and cheerful. My rig is pretty standard, 8020, throttle and brake mounted directly to 8020 profile and a regular car seat. Picture attached for reference.

After reading this thread I decided the BDS exciters would be as good a starting point as any, so from one of the sellers you linked to I purchased the last two they had in stock. I imagine the most straight forward thing to do with these is to mount them directly to the pedals. I would however like to add some under the seat itself and this is really where my current batch of questions lie.

When it comes to mounting to the seat area, what's my best option here? Single or a L/R pair? Should I go for more BDS or is it better to go with something like the ast-2b-4 or bst-1?

The seat itself has only a couple of obvious attachment points on the underside, the standard aluminium shell covering the first third of the base and then a solid bar that runs the width at the back of the base. The shell seems like a good spot to mount a stick on style mount, else where will involve some creative thinking.

Am I correct in thinking that either of those mounting positions would be preferable to using the profile that the seat rails are attached to?

And lastly whether I went with 4x exciters or 2x exciters + 2 transducers would something like the 4x50w nobsound amp you mentioned earlier in this thread be sufficient?

Anyway end of brain dump and thank you for all the information you've provided both here and in other areas of the forum, it's been very useful.

Hi Peter, thanks for comments..

Experiencing two of these in pedals would be an excellent start, I would try to mount directly to pedal bases as it may fit to the side/back region. The other option is the pedal/plates but not sure if anyone has come up with a 3D print mount to this unit yet with various pedals.

So some d.i.y may be needed...

I would say that because the exciters are smaller in mass, you may not get the best results attaching both (L/R) units to the foot rest profile or one later for shifter?

What would improve any felt sensations is some form of metal plate to bolt the shifter/pedals to. Then isolators (stiff) between the plate and the profile, to help decouple the pedals/shifter from the main rig frame. We are simply reducing the mass of the primary surface/object the unit is vibrating and that helps increase the energy/detail and operating efficency.

For the seat, if you find you enjoy or see potential with how things go in the pedals, then it might be worth considering a more suitable seat for the future. You could yes adapt a plate under the seat or try to attach units to any metal/structural component of the seat but regardless of the tactile you go with, hardshell based seats will help to get much more out of the tactile you invest in.

Tt would be advised to consider some solution of isolation for the seat as well, to decouple it from under the seat rails and detached from the main rig. You will see many others have done similar, some use cheap options found on ebay and while those are rather basic, they will help.

You could also try a BDS unit attached under the wheel deck and certain effects I have made which are mono, could be an option. Tactile is quite a d.i.y and experimental thing...

If you would like, please do start a thread to share your journey and experiences?
Within that, I or others can offer you more assistance and I would be glad to get your impressions.

As for the amp, I do not recommend the M4 amp to power BST and the simple answer to this is that "Parts Express" that own the Dayton brand, with any of their own amp packages for the BDS they are 100w RMS models and not 100w Peak (only offering about 50w RMS). Such amps will overheat and I have read of issues from owners that bought the Slip Angle package using such combo. The exciters would be okay with the m4 or the newer 6 channel option. Those would cut down on multiple power supplies for 2 channel amps.

We can talk more on amps later, but appreciate doing this in your own thread as it may be relevant for others too....

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 15.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 71 35.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 113 55.9%