Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

Remember last summer when I was attempting to repair my deck and I built this lift to bring 2x10's up where I could pull the into place?

Winchworking.jpg

After realizing I was a bit in over my head, I found some professionals to do it right, but I had to wait a while to get on their schedule. The entire place where my deck supports rotted out over my drainage ceiling was replaced with fiberglass reinforced structural docking material ( the black stuff ) guaranteed to never rot. All the posts that were in unsupported dirt now have concrete supports with metal mounts that keep the posts above the concrete and where the supports were previously screwed into the posts, there are now support beams. A polymer tape ( not tar tape ) is being put down to seal around any screws.

NewDecking2.jpg

Last edited:
I finally tested the teleprompter a bit.

1. I was still talking naturally while reading. I did NOT sound like a robot.
2. I could very clearly read the entire screen without moving my eyes at a typical camera position.
3. Moving my eyes from the top -> Bottom, Left -> right of the text area was barely noticeable and I was zoomed in and holding my head steady. With my normal animated talking style, my head will be moving and seriously doubt anyone would notice my eyeballs moving at all.

I think this may work for me, if I can get through an entire script... It's possible that having to think through everything I want to say will improve the quality of my text and reduce any filler words.

I still need to test the software that follows along highlighting the text and automatically scrolling while listening to me talking.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 71 35.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 111 55.5%