What is your racing style?

• Extremely Aggressive

• Aggressive

• Cautious

• NO- PLEASE DONT HIT ME!

• I use for single car racing time trials, or open world maps, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
if you would love to respond, it would help me out a ton if you listed the question number by your answer so i know what you are answering to thanks so very much!!!!! pardon all typos and lack of caring about typing.

I race all AI opponents at various aggression and strength settings, i use content manager with csp if it matters:

1. I've played over 1000 hours of AC already since i started back in jan/feb of 2023. I do almost ALL casual racing,(background music with crew chief, ai opponents, set of 3 or 5 races of 3 or so laps each), so I'm not looking to become a VR racing pro or anything and what settings do i need to adjust so my cars are not screeching the tires thru every tight turn and for me not to shift down 2 more gears than all my opponents for the same turns for no screeching of the tires?

2. I find myself being EXTREMELY aggressive incoming into turns, and quickly downshifting as i am braking then try to use my better acceleration than my opponents out of the turns to try to gain an advantage. What can I do to teach myself a new braking point on the track, and become more smooth thru the turns? How do I learn the proper speed/gear apex for a corner, mainly those 3 arc turns like Indy road course or Lago Maggiore? I can hit the first one decent but f up the last 2 usually.

3. "I EAT CURBS!!!" i literally say that as i race around some tracks and will totally eat a curb if i need to to make a pass. In general i eat curbs because i don't care about where the track limits are and will totally drive thru sand or grass if I have to! Is this a habit i need to brake or find a way to incorporate it better into my racing style?

4. Does the racing community in general, or even AC, have a way to do some kind of paid or unpaid learning sessions on getting better in the game? (aside from stupid yt vids or pointless internet articles)

5. Anyone know of a device that could be used to 3d scan in hot wheels cars into a modeling program that could be used a base file to make in game cars? I know the tech exists, but does it exist for things as small as that?

6. What do you think of the bold skin designs i feel the worlds needs? I try to do them all in one go from start to finish.

I’m only driving in VR singleplayer at race circuits, only 0,01% of my driving time it’s a modern car/track above 1971. Right now I’m driving the 1950 GrandPrix championship as historical as possible. I’m here more acting like the Rubens Barrichello or Fisichella, a typical B-rider that always get points but never will win the F1 championship. My tactics is that I can not lose precious points by taking risks for moving up one position. So I’m driving cautiously and calculating.
For learning, is to watch YT instructive videos, on how to brake, how take a track curve .

I only have 120 hours of AC, about 15,000 km, much less than you. So what I tell you may not help you much.

1. If you don't have a brake pedal with a load cell, it is easier to block the wheels. I just changed my pedals and there is a big difference. If you already have it and you also know how to do trail-braking, I can't help you much here.

2. What I do to improve the braking points, afeter doing the setup of the car on the track, is to put the AI to run with Control+C. You can then analyze the braking points in the replay. This only works when the AI is faster than you.

4. Have you tried Arkangel749's career mode? https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/carriera-plus-for-assetto-corsa.46661/
I'm doing it at Pro level without assists and only advancing to next event when doing Silver level. If you can do the Normal and Regional Driven License in Gold it can teach you little, but in my case I am learning and enjoying a lot.

In Content Manager, go to Settings > Assetto Corsa > Audio, and adjust the "Tyre Offset" setting. If set to 200%, you will hear the tyres screeching when you actually lose traction. Setting it any lower will activate the tyre screeching sound before your tyres are actually sliding. The default value is provides a misleading audio cue. You'll have to relearn to drive for awhile afterwards, as you adjust to the change.

Practice more solo laps (time trials) without opponents to learn the best possible braking spots for the best lap time. Once you have a good handle on hotlapping, then you can turn your attention to navigating the track against opponents.

If you watch your Delta while hotlapping, you can observe whether your shortcuts are helping or harming you. Sometimes taking a kerb is better because your opponent is compromising your line. It also depends on the type of car and it's suspension travel.

I drove against the AI in Assetto for a bit, but I quickly got bored - they're very predictable. I recommend you race online. You're going to be wading through servers of crap drivers, but occasionally you'll find some proper drivers with etiquette at your skill level. Racing against them is much more fun than the AI, and the battles are truly rewarding.

Thank you all for the help, Each of you so far has helped me in a different way and i greatly appreicate that. I bascially start out on a new track way to aggressive and run off of every corner, and after i do a few 30 min or 1 hr practice of just running laps i start to get the hang of it usually and mix in a few AI 3 lap races on diff % to see what i can handle against the AI. I still welcome any and all help anyone has to give me! Thanks so much!!!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 124 56.9%