AC FWD vs RWD@Monaco 1966, Wed 22nd May 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I concurre that the mod looks great and has stellar performance for so much infrastructure in the background.

I'm just to dumm to survive it, so I spare myself the frustration.

I know it's not Wednesday protocol, but a 2x25min race schedule would do a lot to mitigate the problem.
If you cock it up (or, even more probable, get ****ed up), there's always race two

Last edited:
My gripe is not this circuit, with the mx5 it was a reasonable drive, slow admittedly with me behind the wheel, no better or worse than most circuits. in fact I can see an argument that said it is better racing than Brands hatch.
I think those who drive the mx5 and are quick, then this circuit will be a great leveller, so from that point of view i can see an hour race being fine battle ground for everyone for a change.:)

Bailed out, done with it, couldn’t get my act together. So, drove straight to the Nords, hijacked someone’s M4 and had fun in the hills

I hope you guys enjoyed your race!

Thanks for hosting Paul, congrats to the podiums and respect to the finishers!

Last edited:
That was intense. Fun too, even though I didn't really race anyone today for more than a lap. I'm glad I took the Suzuki because I just couldn't get the Mazda around safely for more than 3 laps at a time. Mad respect to the Mazda and Abarth drivers. To all who drove around frustrated: consider taking the Suzuki when we come around here (or similar track) again. It helped me actually have a race instead of fighting a car.

I had a good qualification and a better than expected start. Allan, as usual, took off like a rocket and I set out to chase him. All the time I was trying to figure out how I would overtake him if I could get closer. I didn't have to think for long as Allan was chosen as sacrifice to the chicane. From then on the "only" thing I had to do was to keep Ernie behind me.

But my God, that guy is fast in the hornet's nest! Eventually he pitted, hoping for the undercut I'm assuming. I should've trusted my gut feeling and pit right after so he I would come out ahead, but I was stubborn and wanted to do a couple of fast laps. I had some bad luck having to avoid crashes and lost loads of time. When I came out of the pits, Ernie was already a couple of seconds in front and the rest is history. I think he was lapping an average of a second per lap faster than I was, so my strategy was trying to be consistent and hope for an incident or two. Congrats to you Ernie, absolutely deserved the win today. Also congratulations to Paul for the podium, making this the second all-Suzuki podium in a row. Sincerely hope that changes soon :p

Thanks Han and Paul for the race! Just choose a sane track for next week please. I want to get back into the Mazda :D

See y'all next time!

Hi guys,

Here a word from sunny Sardinia. I hope you all had fun tonight. Great to see Craig again although he picked a hard track for that. Congrats to the podium!

I'll be back on Monday and will set up the race for Wednesday. I like to stay in the Italian mood so I'm thinking of Autodromo Lago Maggiore. I think it was a download from GTPlanet if someone wants to practice before Monday. I use Breathe's list to find my tracks so you can find the link in there.

See you Wednesday on track.

Well done all and just picking up on what Ricardo said in his post, i’m surpised more drivers don’t give the Suzuki a try. Personally I find it the easiest car to drive fast and more importantly, consistently fast. Ok, it’s lacks top speed but I find you can race it without the fear that it is going to spit you off if you make a small error. As for the sound, you can change it easily in CM.

Maggiore is a fantastic track but I predict the Suzuki podium lock outs will come to an end but looking forward to that on none the less.

That was a Suzuki track, that’s for sure.
Great racing with everyone, two races in a row when everything was in the Suzuki’s favour and also aided by the racing gods.

IMG_0336.jpeg

It will not last, but good while it does.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 111 56.3%