F1 2024 thread

Well Antony, there is something wrong with F1, it's become a toxic environment throughout, the team managers/principals are always sniping and whinging about what "he said she said", the drivers are always whinging about each other "Norris jump start" "he moved twice" he's got a bit of wing loose" and the fans are getting more and more nasty to each other... meanwhile the press are having a field day of reporting and miss-reporting tittle tattle for that extra column inch.
So, no, I'm sorry Antony but I see it as not just a Hamilton fanboi problem but right down to the grass roots of F1.
Moss once stood up for what was right (Mike Hawthorn reversing onto the track and getting disqualified) and lost the championship to him because of it, but as he said he'd do it again.

Yes we've always inter team rivalry, and driver rivalry but with the new age of instant communication and internet forums it's become very nasty.
Too many people involved... and paid, means too much information reaching the public, this in turn has made F1 balloon into what it is now.... a toxic drama business with sporting aspirations.
The moaning and complaining was always there but today it is more public with TV and reporters and the global image of the sport. Social media like here is also a factor.

Yes he is the only 2nd generation driver to totally out perform his father. Jos Verstappen only had one good car the Benetton as Shumachers team mate. Then Arrows and Spikier (Bad teams needing a good driver)
Max's mother was also a good driver, which is often forgotten ;)

go karting at a very high level!!!

Last edited:
Lando's first win... Charles wins at Monaco. 2024 is already a great season!
Great for Charles but that was one of the worst races ever.
A couple of anomolies a great season does not make - I think it will still be a cake walk, but there's good signs for a bit more entertainment this year... but maybe only on some tracks... most tracks I think Max will get pole and win.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back